Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vibration on hard acceleration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok so this has been discussed many times however I want to have an engineering look at it. My Tesla S 2016 P90D pre lift had the shrudder thing, basically driveshafts were broken, fine. So what I have done is I replaced them both, also checked the center bearing for the right half shaft and its fine, replaced the small engine mount to the new revision. The shrudder is gone as expected, but the vibration on hard acceleration is not! So I looked under the hood and recorded whats happening inside during hard acceleration to have some insight. From what it looks it might be that the engine is moving possibly too freely. There is this other engine mount with multiple bushings. Can it be that its design is also flawed? Or maybe its broken, hard to see the bushings without removing the engine. Have a look at the video and let me know your thoughts.

Reactions: caba and mswlogo
Ok so I had a little thinking about this. I do think the issue must be coming from the fact that the axles are just making non centric rotations thus causing little vibrations, they are unnoticeable and just damped when the bushing are within their working area, but as soon as I hit hard on the acceleration pedal the bushings move to their limits but at this time these little vibrations are noticable as it pretty much moving near the edge where the rubber hits the metal then goes onto the frame.

Ok so I had a little thinking about this. I do think the issue must be coming from the fact that the axles are just making non centric rotations thus causing little vibrations, they are unnoticeable and just damped when the bushing are within their working area, but as soon as I hit hard on the acceleration pedal the bushings move to their limits but at this time these little vibrations are noticable as it pretty much moving near the edge where the rubber hits the metal then goes onto the frame.
16643666454424634153770881252646.jpg

Reactions: caba