Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Victorian accredited repairs/Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm finding AAMI (Suncorp) hard work to deal with on a small repair claim at present. Offered me a repairer (in Bundoora) who was 1 hour drive away and not an accredited repairer on Tesla's website. I've escalated the claim to beyond the Call Centre 'Supervisor' to get something approved with Corso BodyWorks (approved repairer) who do work with RACV and others and where other forum members have had a good experience. Corso are based in South Melbourne, close to home.

I believe that Suncorp are in the process of trying to add more relationships with Tesla accredited repairers, recognising that they have a problem in Victoria.
--------
I was in seeing another panel repairer (a relative) today. He tells me of a conversation with a tow truck driver visiting his repair shop has indicated that his custom tow truck was built to recover Tesla's from underground/multi-level car parks where wifi signal is challenged.
Apparently it is becoming increasingly prevalent (given more vehicles in circulation) that Tesla owners are becoming stuck in car parks (think multi-level apartment/shopping centre car park) and unable to start the car because their phone has no signal.

Tesla is apparently meeting the cost of this call out, recognising the issue.

But give some thought to where your physical 'credit card' key is guys!

Apparently it is becoming increasingly prevalent (given more vehicles in circulation) that Tesla owners are becoming stuck in car parks (think multi-level apartment/shopping centre car park) and unable to start the car because their phone has no signal.
This is rubbish. The phone does not require a phone network signal to unlock or start the car, it uses a direct Bluetooth connection to the car.

It's still a good idea to keep a keycard with you, though - phones break / go flat / get mislaid.

This is rubbish. The phone does not require a phone network signal to unlock or start the car, it uses a direct Bluetooth connection to the car.

It's still a good idea to keep a keycard with you, though - phones break / go flat / get mislaid.
OK, thanks. I hope that is the case as a Tesla owner! Not sure what is causing the problem requiring recovery of Tesla's from car parks. I had run that contention by another smash repairer who indicated that he'd encountered the issue too.

Complete rubbish.
My Tesla is regularly parked 5 stories below any cell coverage, and never had an issue.
If I haven't driven the car for a few days Android will occasionally kill the Tesla app, but that's then just opening the Tesla app to fix.