Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

(Video) PedalBox sheds 0.2 seconds off MX 0-100 run

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Has anyone seen this video, I can't understand what he is saying but the video shows him doing two runs with his Model X 90D... one without using the pedalbox (5.923 seconds), and one with it (5.723 seconds).

As far as I know, the claim is that the product is supposed to improve throttle response when you push down the pedal.

Thoughts?

Meh.
Stupid simple electronic hack, pedal depressed rapidly 5% of travel output 100% throttle instantly.
Good for saving the time of a slow foot, and dangerous device to be driving with otherwise, if activated by but or maliscou Rennie control.

Meh.
Stupid simple electronic hack, pedal depressed rapidly 5% of travel output 100% throttle instantly.
S/X have safety interlocks which prevent such instant jumps, if the computer detects 5%, then 100% throttle without anything in between, the car will error out. There is a post somewhere here of how wk057 was attempting to defeat this safety mechanism and it wasn't easy.

Agree with you 100%... by the way... looking at your sig... did a car really crash into your tesla like that?!? I'm guessing photoshoped?
Good question. No, that is not my car and it is not a doctored image. I just change my image from time to time as I get bored. It actually happened and a quite interesting weird story. The glass didn't even break. You can find this story on the Beverly Hills police department web site or google it. How it happened makes more sense after reading the police report. I first thought it was a doctored image. They took several photos and this is just the front view. The back view is even more interesting.

• Informative
Reactions: Nick B
So basically a sprintbooster? Something that tells the computer you're pushing the pedal further than you really are? Just move your seat forward a couple of inches.

And a .2 variance in 0-60 can be chalked up to so many variables that it's not worth whatever money they're asking for what is essentially a placebo.