Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Video]: TFL Compares Model Y vs Mustang Mach-E

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did not know how sloooooow the UI is on the ford. LAME
Honestly, I would’ve been surprised if it wasn’t laggy.

I don’t mind the TFL vids but man this episode was annoying as he**. Tommy’s whining comments was what made it terrible. They should stick to the facts about the differences of each car and provide actual real world info on the two. For example, the trunk looks much smaller when seeing how low the roof line is.

The kid is annoying. He can't get over his dislike of Tesla.

In all this time he still hasn't figured out that you can turn on the front heated seats from the main screen, one button, just like an ICE. No need to go into the HVAC sub screens.

And, for the love of god, who is constantly changing their steering wheel and mirror position while driving!? Set it once, and you are done.

In terms of the Mach-E, I like it for the most part. The Sync system seems slow, but I'd like to drive one myself.

Honestly, I would’ve been surprised if it wasn’t laggy.

I don’t mind the TFL vids but man this episode was annoying as he**. Tommy’s whining comments was what made it terrible. They should stick to the facts about the differences of each car and provide actual real world info on the two. For example, the trunk looks much smaller when seeing how low the roof line is.
Agree. I remember the only real reviewer I could stand watching was Emme when she used to be on the show years ago. Now I agree, every single time they compare to cars at once it's some weird bashing one and showing the benefits of the other type video. They're trying to do what Throttle house does, and they do it poorly.

Reactions: Koolio46
Agreed. For it to be brand new with (one would assume) latest processors on the market? Far too slow.

@2101Guy I'm not sure what processor they're using but I'm guessing the issue is software. In the past, Sync has always been sluggish. I've had older versions in my 2008 and 2011 Fusions and they are not bad. The version after that which was used for several years (approx 2012 or 2013 through 2016 or 2017?, I forget the specific ranges) was written in Adobe Flash and was notoriously slow. I would hope they have rewritten the version for the Mach-E from scratch but you never know. All the "review" and early impression videos to date have been on pre-production vehicles, so one would hope the version delivered to customers is somewhat better and continues to improve in responsiveness via OTA updates.

This is the problem with rushing unpolished products to market, is that the first impressions tend to last even if issues are resolved via updates. You see this a lot in the Smartphone and other electronics categories too, as there are a boatload of videos and articles that drop as soon as it comes out, and when people are hyped up waiting for the launch, they consume these. While updates my fix initial bugs, battery life, performance, etc., mass attention is elsewhere and the updated versions get much less exposure. Even months later people searching for info on the product are at least as likely to get those initial impressions videos and articles and be scared away.