Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

View side videos streaming while driving forward (?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like to use the side repeater cameras WHILE DRIVING FORWARD, as another safety tool, watching my flanks before changing lanes.
By touching the camera button on the bottom left of the screen you can get the full view of the backup camera.
upload_2020-7-19_17-41-2.png

Is there a way to turn on ONLY the 2 side repeaters views (without the full backup view), so that most of the screen remains visible, while driving forward?

Should look something like that:
Tesla side view cams.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-7-19_17-40-25.png
    upload_2020-7-19_17-40-25.png
    28.6 KB · Views: 102
Has anyone had this feature yet. I have been wanting this since day 1. Honda had it and they are phasing it out. Hope Tesla brings it on.

So far those cameras only show up on the screen while backing out. Not yet with the use of turn signals.

I'd like to use the side repeater cameras WHILE DRIVING FORWARD, as another safety tool, watching my flanks before changing lanes.
By touching the camera button on the bottom left of the screen you can get the full view of the backup camera.
View attachment 566534

Is there a way to turn on ONLY the 2 side repeaters views (without the full backup view), so that most of the screen remains visible, while driving forward?

Should look something like that:
View attachment 566537

Could be me, but this seems like a safety "solution" that will result in a less safe driving experience. Isn't this what side-view mirrors are for?

Could be me, but this seems like a safety "solution" that will result in a less safe driving experience. Isn't this what side-view mirrors are for?
My wife's Honda pilot already does this (well, right side camera only) and it's the GREATEST. No joke, it's the BEST.

The best part about her Pilot is that it superimposes lines on the display that show how many car lengths the cars are behind you.

I NEED this in my Model 3.

My wife's Honda pilot already does this (well, right side camera only) and it's the GREATEST. No joke, it's the BEST.

The best part about her Pilot is that it superimposes lines on the display that show how many car lengths the cars are behind you.

I NEED this in my Model 3.

Im not sure looking to the side and down for cars in a video (that lags slightly) makes driving safer.

Who looks completely over their shoulder? If your side view mirrors are set properly and you still have issues get convex replacements. I did that and can see everything I need by glancing at the mirrors.

anyone without a blind spot mirror likely does. i don't know anyone who was taught to drive that wasn't taught to check your blind spot before changing lanes...