Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN 33xxx: about the paint mismatch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

I took delivery of my Model Y about 3 weeks ago. I started to read all the threads related to the paint issues for my color (pearl white!) and started to be scared. I browsed more and more every day so I decided to take my car for a wash (which also test the water resistance!) and take pictures with the sun exposure.

The only paint difference I can see if with the rear bumper. There is a slight difference of white. But that also depends on the sun exposure/orientation: when being faced, the issue is barely noticeable. From the side, it is slightly more noticeable. I do not think it makes sense to ask Tesla to fix it.

The only issue I have so far is a panel misalignment on the rear right light, I hope Tesla fixes it! But for the overall delivery, I think the build is very solid and did not find any error.

Overall very happy with my purchase.

9FLjJ.jpeg
59sW1.jpeg
cCtGL.jpeg
oP9r6.jpeg
yyjxr.jpeg

I don’t doubt that there are some color mismatch issues, but I think one of the reasons that it seems to happen on white cars is the pearl finish. On my car, I can see a slight difference just like you can, but only at certain angles and lighting. Car looks great though!

Thanks! Same: I do not think it does not happen - pictures from others speak for themselves, especially on mismatch on doors.

Let's hope that Tesla is listening to their customers and things will start to improve!