Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vin number off?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I just received a vin this morning even though I ordered it on Monday. The last 6 is 1077xx it’s a white MYSR I checked the build tracker spreadsheet and it seems the most recent vins are in the 117xxx range. Any idea why the vin is so far off current ones?

My SR MY is going be delivered next week (Feb 11)...white...black rims with white interior...
And my VIN is 104xxx...
So I wouldn’t be too concerned with VIN sequential order...I read in another post that VINs are not as sequential as we think...what matters is the “Born on Date”
Hope this helps...

Everyone says they’re not sequential. I think it depends on the build. For reference, I was matched to VIN 109xxx and was told it had a build date of 1/31. Not sure how accurate that is. I was trying to match to a VIN 117xxx (build date 2/1) but someone beat me to it. I’m sure it’s fine, I just want the heated steering wheel. The other imminent upgrades (console and headlights) would be nice, but not deal breakers. Biodefense I think would be a couple more months at least with added maintenance costs so I don’t really want to keep waiting.

For reference, I was matched to VIN 109xxx and was told it had a build date of 1/31. Not sure how accurate that is. I was trying to match to a VIN 117xxx (build date 2/1) but someone beat me to it. I’m sure it’s fine, I just want the heated steering wheel. The other imminent upgrades (console and headlights) would be nice, but not deal breakers. Biodefense I think would be a couple more months at least with added maintenance costs so I don’t really want to keep waiting.

@cedcor those build dates are one day apart. Both (1/31 and 2/1) will have the heated steering wheel you desire and neither will have your nice-to-haves (console & headlights) nor biodefence.

I'm going to echo what is said here. VINs don't appear to be entirely sequential. I have a Blue MY LR coming with an 99XXX VIN. I thought that was odd at first since all other VIN assigned around my order date seemed to be 105XXX or higher. I did talk to gallery support earlier today and they confirmed that my build date was 01/30/2021. So it just got off the factory line last weekend.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung