Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do I have a unicorn? Austin White Interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Never in my adult life of purchasing vehicles have I ever used a "checklist" - I do wonder how ridiculous these folks look walking to an SA with their clipboard in hand. Honestly I don't intent to start now. Obviously we are aware of the QC issues but only because there is 9,000 Youtubers documenting every scratch that comes off the assembly line.

So we've decided to take our time tonight just looking for anything egregious - if there are doors missing, dents, paint peels, sure we will mention it - but we aren't going put our white gloves on with a clip board and walk around the vehicle.

I'll report back later this evening after we get our eyes/hands on it.
Oh how the turns have tabled: Seems like a checklist may have helped you afterall. ;)

Haha! I knew you’d be here to rub some dirt in it.

Honestly they took care of everything and my car is even better. Service was fantastic, but it’s hard to notice the little things until you have a shot at cleaning it thoroughly.

For example yesterday we found this beauty. A large scratch on the passenger window. Mobile service will be out in about a week.

Attachments

• 17FD3289-C441-411A-870B-D99E21979EE0.jpeg
    17FD3289-C441-411A-870B-D99E21979EE0.jpeg
    372.2 KB · Views: 107
EDIT: Whoops, I thought this was a different thread!

I will say that after 17 days the driver side door closes much easier now. I haven't had any passengers so the other doors have not been used much at all. I guess the seals do need a little time to "break in".

Last edited: