Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VisibleTesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
it wont let me log back in..says my credentials are not valid. but they are. there doesnt seem to be a "lost my password option". i didnt lose my email address nor my password, but if that option existed i could use it as a fix...

Are you running an older version? If so, scroll back a few pages to find the posts that link to the reason for the new, experimental versions. (I'll try to find one of them and come back and edit this post with a link.)

Edit: Here's one:

VisibleTesla - Page 183

There were major changes made by Tesla, requiring major changes to Visible Tesla.

You need the version of the software available in this post:

VisibleTesla - Page 174

Edit: This post explains the background: VisibleTesla - Page 154

Joe, I've been waiting seems like years since I made the order, read a great lot of pages here, downloaded your fab app, and tonight fired it up following yesterday's delivery.

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Yee-haw.

Have put a drink for / with you including a toast on my bucket list.

Thank you for a great presentation of and interface with the machine's data and control systems.

Too late to play tonight but will tomorrow.

In the meantime, Bravo!

I have a P85D with an (of course) 85kWh battery, but I'm seeing a 70kWh in "details" in VT.
Also, parking sensors are shown as "false".
Security package is also shown as "false".
Everything else look correct.
Is this something strange with the VIN?

What a great addition to the car; thanks!

i just downloaded and installed for the first time tonight.

kept getting error message that my login credentials were wrong (even tho they were right).

had to go searching for the new software on Page 176 or whatever. wasted a lot of time. might want to put the new version on Page 1 of this thread.

Joe, now that the autopilot is out: Can VT record the state of the AP? It would be even better if there is accelerometer data some exposed? Then not only tesla but we could also tell if AP operation reduces or increases accident rates and how these rates develop over time. Fascinating stuff one can do with real data. Best & tks.

Joe, now that the autopilot is out: Can VT record the state of the AP? It would be even better if there is accelerometer data some exposed? Then not only tesla but we could also tell if AP operation reduces or increases accident rates and how these rates develop over time. Fascinating stuff one can do with real data. Best & tks.

I think Tesla is going to be very careful about letting any external systems get to see AP data for fear of the security holes it might inadvertently open up for remotely controlling the car.

I have a P85D with an (of course) 85kWh battery, but I'm seeing a 70kWh in "details" in VT.
Also, parking sensors are shown as "false".
Security package is also shown as "false".
Everything else look correct.
Is this something strange with the VIN?

What a great addition to the car; thanks!

Yeah the battery size is a known bug. I tracked down the cause but don't remember if I fixed it and sent a pull request in or just haven't bothered to fix it. Tesla stuff just hasn't been on my radar much the last few months.

VisibleTesla doesn't get knowledge of what's on your car form the VIN but from the option codes that Tesla gives us. But our understanding of what the option codes mean aren't 100% acurate. To boot Tesla keeps changing things. You can't have the security package unless you're in Europe so I don't think you actually have it. Tesla may have removed the parking sensors option code from cars given that all cars have them now.

@jpasqua Using VT .05.08 app on my mac with Mac OS El Capitan 10.11 and (i have Java 8 Update 65 build 17 installed but I am using the mac app so i do not know if that matters) the maps are not displaying properly for me. When configuring a geofence, if i zoom out the radius disappears so i can not see the extent of the the geofence anymore or set it accurately.

Also on the Location tab, if i select Satellite, the screen turns white.

Is there something I need to tweak on my end? Thanks!

@jpasqua Using VT .05.08 app on my mac with Mac OS El Capitan 10.11 and (i have Java 8 Update 65 build 17 installed but I am using the mac app so i do not know if that matters) the maps are not displaying properly for me. When configuring a geofence, if i zoom out the radius disappears so i can not see the extent of the the geofence anymore or set it accurately.

Also on the Location tab, if i select Satellite, the screen turns white.

Is there something I need to tweak on my end? Thanks!

Never mind, it's working now... I don't know why.

Visible Tesla works fine on one of my computers, but will not run on a different one. When I try to run it on the other computer I get this error message:

one.jpg

if I click on More Information, I get this:

two.jpg

and here's the rest:

three.jpg

Does anyone have an idea of why this is happening? Thanks.

Visible Tesla works fine on one of my computers, but will not run on a different one. When I try to run it on the other computer I get this error message:

Does anyone have an idea of why this is happening? Thanks.

Need more information in order to diagnose. What operating system and version is on each computer? Which version of VT? Are you running it with the Java version that is supplied with VT or the Java that is on the computer? Have you tried uninstalling/completely removing VT and reinstalling on the computer that is failing?

The symptom suggests a corrupted installation/configuration or an installation that is trying to use an old version of Java that does not support the features needed by VT.

@jpasqua - VT is a great app. Ive been working with the API for my own silly education and purposes and you seem to have solved something inside VT that I don't see how to do via the APIs:

The inside/outside temperature only seem to be reported when the HVAC system is on. So I turn on HVAC, wait a few seconds for it to come online, then get the values. Thats fine, but I don't want to leave my HVAC running when I'm just collecting state in the middle of the night so I turn HVAC off. Problem is next time I go to the car the system is off inside the car and I have to manually turn it on there.

When I use VT to get the current temperature inside the car it doesn't leave my car in that state. What trick did you use?

Thanks!