Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VisibleTesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Joe-

Please, no need to apologize... it was an observation, not a complaint. :)

Interesting that the pilot current qyuery failed twice. I wonder what in my environment might have caused that? Also, it was some time (about an hour) after I received the notification that I checked, so it could indeed have been something transient.

In any case, I prefer the "safe mode" of failing in that I'd rather double check and be sure, rather than not have it plugged in and never to have known...

Joe-

Please, no need to apologize... it was an observation, not a complaint. :)

Interesting that the pilot current qyuery failed twice. I wonder what in my environment might have caused that? Also, it was some time (about an hour) after I received the notification that I checked, so it could indeed have been something transient.

In any case, I prefer the "safe mode" of failing in that I'd rather double check and be sure, rather than not have it plugged in and never to have known...

Hi scaesare,

I know it wasn't a complaint. I'm always sorry when users have trouble - especially very helpful users like you.

My guess is that it doesn't have anything to do with your specific environment. You just got doubly unlucky. I think I can be smarter in the way I handle data coming back from Tesla to further minimize the occurrence of this problem. I'll look into it when I get some more free time.

Joe

Many thanks, but the number doesn't look like firmware. The number I see is 1.49.95 - I thought the firmware was shown as 5.8, 5.9, etc. What am I missing?

Thanks

It's the Tesla internal version number. There is a wiki on TMC listing the corresponding "user facing" number. Owners also report those here in the various firmware threads.

Last edited:
Has anyone else ecperienced that graphs and trips just stopped working? Both worked fine a while ago, but I didn't use them for a long time. Months, maybe. Then the other day when my wife was out driving, I used VisibleTesla to see how far off she was when she was heding home - trying to time starting dinner (yes, really!). And location worked fine, so I thought I would see how she had been driving. And got blank graphs, and no reaction at all in trips!

Could it be a java-version thing?

What is the most direct way to use VisibleTesla to monitor Vampire loss?

Right now, I am exporting data, and then in Excel visually looking at the Range column to find when the charging appears to end (when V goes to 0), and then again right before speed picks up, sometime in the morning. But's it's time consuming and visual, I was wondering if you have a suggestion for a more direct way to measure this particular statistic that seems to be a source of obsession for myself and others.

Thanks.

Right now, I am exporting data, and then in Excel visually looking at the Range column to find when the charging appears to end (when V goes to 0), and then again right before speed picks up, sometime in the morning. But's it's time consuming and visual, I was wondering if you have a suggestion for a more direct way to measure this particular statistic that seems to be a source of obsession for myself and others.

Thanks.

+1 for whoever answers this.

Thanks.

I can do something to make this easier; either an excel macro or a feature in VT. Can you characterize what you want measured exactly? Sounds like you want the drop in rated range of a stationary vehicle from the time it stops until the next time the car is moving. If the car is charged, start measuring after the charge completes. Do you want this just overnight or any time the car is stationary for more than a certain period (say an hour)?

I'll put this on the enhancement list.

Today my new Tesla was linked to MyTesla account. I can use the iOS app Tesla provided, no problem.

However, using VT 0.26 it does not work. I type in my credentials, hit login... I see a spinning wheel in the bottom left corner for a couple of seconds and that's it. It doesn't work.

I'm running MacOS X 10.9 on an Macbook Air. According to java.com the newest Java is installed....

Help!

JPASQUA wrote earlier in this thread:

Update on Login Problems

Thanks to a forum member who allowed me to debug using his car, I found a problem that impacts the login process. I've sent him a version with a fix and he has confirmed that it is working for him. If you are also having a login problem, please download the test version here. I will include this fix in the next release.

For anyone who cares, here is a description of the problem. Tesla describes your car's options using codes. For example, if your car has a Performance exterior, Tesla indicates this with the code "X019". If your car has paint armor, it is indicated by the code "PA01". The problem in this case is that Tesla is sending a new kind of code that is formatted differently from all the others. VisibleTesla was choking when it encountered the code and not logging the error. I now handle this and I also added some additional logging so other unforeseen errors (not just unexpected codes) will be logged.​

I can do something to make this easier; either an excel macro or a feature in VT. Can you characterize what you want measured exactly? Sounds like you want the drop in rated range of a stationary vehicle from the time it stops until the next time the car is moving. If the car is charged, start measuring after the charge completes. Do you want this just overnight or any time the car is stationary for more than a certain period (say an hour)?

I'll put this on the enhancement list.

Sounds perfect: every time the car is stationary for more than an hour, find the drop in rated range from stopping/charge complete to next time it moves or starts charging. Then divide by the stationary period and report the overall number (average rated miles lost per hour).

Might be also useful to know if the car correctly fell asleep during these periods.

Thanks again for your support on this tool.