Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VisibleTesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just found something odd. I am now on 5.9 firmware running latest Visible Tesla Version and am a 40Kwh battery pack owner. Visible Tesla is showing me 68% as my max charge but I remember being told it should be 72% max. I'm trying to figure out of 5.9 lowered the max charge or if it's somehow being reported incorrectly. 5.9 did increase my projected range significantly from 5.8 but I found the percentage odd.

I'm glad the fix worked.

I'd love to determine the meaning of the unknown code that caused the problem. If anyone who has experience the problem would be willing to PM me the options on their vehicles, I may be able to figure it out.

What's the new code? It wouldn't surprise me if Tesla added a code for the new battery shield.

Just found something odd. I am now on 5.9 firmware running latest Visible Tesla Version and am a 40Kwh battery pack owner. Visible Tesla is showing me 68% as my max charge but I remember being told it should be 72% max. I'm trying to figure out of 5.9 lowered the max charge or if it's somehow being reported incorrectly. 5.9 did increase my projected range significantly from 5.8 but I found the percentage odd.

Interesting. Maybe someone at Tesla finally figured out that ~66.7% of 60 is 40 ;-)

I wonder if it's possible to add a notification for if the vehicle has been parked with all doors closed for some time, maybe 10 minutes, and is still unlocked? There's been a couple times where I'm giving a "Tesla Talk" or something to curious parties, or otherwise hanging out near the car. Then I walk away and go about my business as normal. The problem is if the key's been within range of the vehicle for 5 minutes after all the doors were closed, walk-away locking is disabled.

It'd be nice if I could set up a "Hey, you didn't lock me!" text.

This was originally a theoretical situation. Today I came out to a nice note from my neighbor that my car door hadn't closed all the way and the car was unlocked. I have walk-away locking set, which is disabled if the door doesn't close all the way.

Ooops! Reiterating my support for this feature request, though I now wonder about the "with all doors closed" part. :wink:

Help Debugging

Hello All,

For those of you who have tested 0.26.01 and found that it solved your login problems, would you please send me the following via PM:
  1. On the Overview Tab click the Details button. A new window will pop up. Scroll to the bottom and you'll see a very long line that starts with something like: "Low level information: {"color":null,"display_name":null, ...". Copy and paste the whole line. You may wish to remove your VIN.
  2. A list of the options that you ordered on your car in whatever format you wish. I'm trying to match options on the car to codes in the low level list from item 1 above. I'm particularly interested in whether you have folding mirrors, supercharging, parcel shelf, and cold temperature package, but please list everything you can remember.

Thank you,
Joe

- - - Updated - - -

What's the new code? It wouldn't surprise me if Tesla added a code for the new battery shield.

The new code is "X". I've asked some of the users who have this code to send in more information that might help determine what it means.

Love the app. Thanks so much. I did notice today while charing that the percentage of charge is showing the correct number but the meter is green all the way to the top.
screenshot.jpg

Love the app. Thanks so much. I did notice today while charing that the percentage of charge is showing the correct number but the meter is green all the way to the top.

Thanks for the report rlawson4. I'll try to recreate the problem when I charge tonight. Two questions. Did it remain this way or did it ever correct itself? Second, if you happen to have the log file around from when this happened, I'd appreciate it if you'd send it to me. For details about log files, take a look at the Troubleshooting section of the FAQ. My email address is joe at NoRoomAtTheInn dot org.

Thanks for the report rlawson4. I'll try to recreate the problem when I charge tonight. Two questions. Did it remain this way or did it ever correct itself? Second, if you happen to have the log file around from when this happened, I'd appreciate it if you'd send it to me. For details about log files, take a look at the Troubleshooting section of the FAQ. My email address is joe at NoRoomAtTheInn dot org.

It corrected itself a few minutes after I posted the picture. Thanks again for the great app. I use it all the time! Next time I will try to keep the log file for you.

Sneak peak at Vampire Loss Monitoring

Several users have asked about how to use VisibleTesla to monitor Vampire Loss so I've been prototyping a new feature. Here are the basics: You specify what date range you're interested in and VT will look for periods of inactivity (stationary and not charging for >= 1 hr). It collects the starting and ending range for each of these periods and computes average loss / hr. It dumps all of the info and also provides a couple of visualizations of the data. Take a look at the documentation I've written so far (with screen shots) to get an idea of what's coming. You can see the (as yet unreleased) documentation here.

Several users have asked about how to use VisibleTesla to monitor Vampire Loss so I've been prototyping a new feature. Here are the basics: You specify what date range you're interested in and VT will look for periods of inactivity (stationary and not charging for >= 1 hr). It collects the starting and ending range for each of these periods and computes average loss / hr. It dumps all of the info and also provides a couple of visualizations of the data. Take a look at the documentation I've written so far (with screen shots) to get an idea of what's coming. You can see the (as yet unreleased) documentation here.
That sounds really useful, Joe. I continue to be impressed with VisibleTesla. Exquisit work.

VisibleTesla sent 7,652 notifications in March

This is pretty cool: VisibleTesla sent 7,652 notifications in March. That's up from 6,209 in February and 5,349 in January. January was the first full month that notifications were implemented. At the current pace in April we're on track to send a hair over 9,000 notifications. The monthly limit for the free service I'm using is 10,000 messages/month. Fortunately the next tier of service raises the cap to 500,000 messages/month and is almost still free (only $5). I don't think we'll be topping half a million messages/month any time soon, but it will be fun to see it top 10K/month.

Graphics for beige and gray seats

Hi jpasqua,

I added two png files that should align to [email protected]. Just draw them after a body of any color, but before drawing the doors.

Hopefully the quality is good enough. The graphics were inspired by the Tesla configurator and painted until they looked as similar as I could get them (hey, I am a software engineer, not a painter ;-) ).

Of course they are free for you to use in VisibleTesla if and as you like.

Wonko

Attachments

• gray_seats_tesla_w_body.png
    gray_seats_tesla_w_body.png
    138.4 KB · Views: 494
  • beige_seats_tesla_w_body.png
    beige_seats_tesla_w_body.png
    146 KB · Views: 485
  • beige_seats_tesla.png
    beige_seats_tesla.png
    42.8 KB · Views: 504
  • gray_seats_tesla.png
    gray_seats_tesla.png
    37.6 KB · Views: 487
That's exciting Joe! If you were to ask, I'm sure many people (me included) would be happy to chip in $5 to help pay the monthly fee for the email service.

That's very nice of you. Since it's so little, I'll just cover it myself. I doubt we'll have to go to the next tier (> 500K msgs/month).

BTW, the stats above only include users who send messages via the shared MailGun account. Any users who have opted to create and use their own free accounts are not included.

Hi jpasqua,

I added two png files that should align to [email protected]. Just draw them after a body of any color, but before drawing the doors.

Hopefully the quality is good enough. The graphics were inspired by the Tesla configurator and painted until they looked as similar as I could get them (hey, I am a software engineer, not a painter ;-) ).

Of course they are free for you to use in VisibleTesla if and as you like.

Wonko

These are great! I'll incorporate them as soon as I get a chance. Thank you.

Finally installed VisibleTesla on my PC. Awesome work Joe!!

One tip for the FW obsessed: you can see the FW version under "Details" on the overview tab. Saves running out to the garage to check if you have the latest version.

Glad your enjoying it NigelM. BTW, you can just click the VIN in the Overview Tab and it will toggle to show the firmware version.