TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Voice command list - From Car

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Ingineer, Jan 18, 2017.

1. dark cloud

dark cloud Member

Well I tried it and it wants me to go to San Jose.

• Funny x 1
  2. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

I sometimes see 'auto corrects' when the words I'm speaking display on the Driver Console. I've never seen homophones like 2 (my son questioned). Has anyone else???

3. bassmaster

bassmaster Member

Is there a voice command to play a certain playlist?

4. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

@verygreen is finding some cool potential new voice commands.
    [​IMG]

• Informative x 2
  5. BerTX

BerTX Supporting Member

Some of those might be useful. I still want to be able to raise the suspension...

• Like x 1
  6. dark cloud

dark cloud Member

^ Yes. Driving up to some concrete gradient where the suspension needs to be raised so as not to scrape, it should be quicker than 3 clicks on the touchscreen with your right hand, while your left hand is signalling into the parking lot. That is both hands off the steering wheel and your eyes on the touchscreen in a busy parking lot. Voice control makes so much more sense.

And while I am at it I don't want GPS to remember it, because in some spots I end up on the highway near the area and it raises unnecessarily, and then I have to adjust it back to low so that getting on the accelerator doesn't cause the head shake with the car being on high setting.

• Like x 1
  7. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

Have you both notified Tesla of this want/need? I don't actually recall reading this as a want ever before. You guys should start a thread/poll on it so see how popular it is and encourage others to contact Tesla.

• Like x 1
  8. BerTX

BerTX Supporting Member

Funny, I thought I was spouting about this pretty often, but apparently it wasn't on TMC. Maybe it was in my head. I could only find once Recirc automation - Please Tesla help...

As to my ability to sway the developers at Tesla with my charismatic mob control, if I had that super power I'd use it for something more important... :D

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  9. DCEV

DCEV Member

I hope they add audio source selection to the list of available voice commands.