Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Voice command list - From Car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oddly it appears to understand "where is" for home and work.
ie.
"command_regexp" : "^(?:where is|drive|drive me|take me|navigate) (?:home|to home|2 home|to my home|2 my home|to my house|2 my house)(?: tonight)?$"
"command_regexp" : "^(?:where is|drive|drive me|take me|navigate) (?:work|to work|2 work|2 my work|to my work)$"
vs
"command_regexp" : "^(?:navigate|dr|drive|drive me|take me)(?: to| 2)?\\s(.*)$"

I sometimes see 'auto corrects' when the words I'm speaking display on the Driver Console. I've never seen homophones like 2 (my son questioned). Has anyone else???

@verygreen is finding some cool potential new voice commands.
Zxkyv00.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: David99 and JohnnyG
^ Yes. Driving up to some concrete gradient where the suspension needs to be raised so as not to scrape, it should be quicker than 3 clicks on the touchscreen with your right hand, while your left hand is signalling into the parking lot. That is both hands off the steering wheel and your eyes on the touchscreen in a busy parking lot. Voice control makes so much more sense.

And while I am at it I don't want GPS to remember it, because in some spots I end up on the highway near the area and it raises unnecessarily, and then I have to adjust it back to low so that getting on the accelerator doesn't cause the head shake with the car being on high setting.

Reactions: JohnnyG
Some of those might be useful. I still want to be able to raise the suspension...
^ Yes. Driving up to some concrete gradient where the suspension needs to be raised so as not to scrape, it should be quicker than 3 clicks on the touchscreen with your right hand, while your left hand is signalling into the parking lot. That is both hands off the steering wheel and your eyes on the touchscreen in a busy parking lot. Voice control makes so much more sense.
And while I am at it I don't want GPS to remember it, because in some spots I end up on the highway near the area and it raises unnecessarily, and then I have to adjust it back to low so that getting on the accelerator doesn't cause the head shake with the car being on high setting.
Have you both notified Tesla of this want/need? I don't actually recall reading this as a want ever before. You guys should start a thread/poll on it so see how popular it is and encourage others to contact Tesla.

Reactions: JohnnyG
Have you both notified Tesla of this want/need? I don't actually recall reading this as a want ever before. You guys should start a thread/poll on it so see how popular it is and encourage others to contact Tesla.
Funny, I thought I was spouting about this pretty often, but apparently it wasn't on TMC. Maybe it was in my head. I could only find once Recirc automation - Please Tesla help...

As to my ability to sway the developers at Tesla with my charismatic mob control, if I had that super power I'd use it for something more important... :D

Surely they could provide a simple display of the common voice commands as a response to "help" or "list voice commands"...
Various indicates are anything that it does not understand is being sent back to the 'mothership' so they can analyze.
Meaning: 1) look for errors in understanding; 2) give them feedback on what common commands are asked for but are not currently supported.
In other words, sometimes if you ONLY show a give help list of available then people won't try new or ones that were not thought of.
Hence, the idea to not provide a list and get dynamic feedback so they can add to them. This is a design/feedback UI concept.

Example:
BO0hRU6.jpg

Last edited: