Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Voice commands in Model S not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2019 Model S with 8000 miles on it. Since the last software upgrade about one month ago, voice commands will display and then be ignored. I cannot perform hands free navigation, phone, or music voice commands, Customer service said I must wait for the next software upgrade which will have a fix for the issue. I have requested a repair, in the repair center or mobile, as a safety issue, and was told they will not schedule it. I tried scheduling on the mobile app, was given a date within a week, and it was cancelled the next day with the message I must wait for the new software upgrade. I wrote back to the cancellation message to protest and request the appointment be kept or to get a call back and was ignored. I called and insisted to speak to the Costa Mesa, CA service manager, was put on hold for over 30 minutes and then gave up. Any advise would be appreciated.

• Informative
Reactions: RDuke
The voice recognition mode changed to be consistent with Model 3 in 2020.4.x.

previously on S/X it was hold button; or press button to start, then talk, then press to end after you saw something similar on the CID.
Now, it’s same as 3: press button, speak, then pray it does what you’d like and get ready to hang up on random contacts

I actually like it now I know what was done, though why not put it in the relnotes... sigh.

next on the S convergence fully expect autopilot engagement/disengagement via the gear selector. When I came back to my S from week+ of driving 3, the whole “putting car in neutral to disengage AP” was less amusing than it sounds ;-)