TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Voice Commands?

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by Lerxt, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Lerxt

Lerxt Member

I was playing around with the "talk" button on the steering wheel today and I noticed at if it was held down it wanted to record my voice. Does anyone have any idea about what this is all about? I know there are voice commands on the car but I can find nothing in the manual.

2. lx3h

lx3h Charged.hk TSLA Grp Rep

Your DS didn't explain to you? Mine also didn't, but she'sa temporary sub for Fiona

3. markwj

markwj Moderator, Asia Pacific

Hold the button down until it says 'recording'. Then say 'play never gonna give you up'. Then, release the button.

This might help: Voice

4. Lerxt

Lerxt Member

Hmmm. I tried that and it said my voice was unclear...:/

5. Captain_Kong

Captain_Kong Member

On voice command, I've tried (with vc button pressed and pronounce as naturally as you could):

- Play "xxx" (xxx being artist, album, song, etc. names or a combination. Say "play rolling stones paint it black" a mouthful but it works first time I tried!) - this activates online music search
    - Call "xxx" (xxx being a name from your phone's contact list, you need your phone to be Bluetooth paired to the car) - this activates a phone call
    - Go "xxx" (xxx being a location or address) - but don't think this works without sat nav in hk yet

I tried English, Cantonese, Mandarin in calling up voice command, they all work! I'd say the car's OS has 80-90% accuracy with my voice. Have fun,

6. MrPinrel

MrPinrel Member

also you can say "bug note" or "bug report" if you see something funky on the screens and it will send the screenshots and other info to Tesla for troubleshooting.

7. JohnxII

JohnxII Member

Do you have to translate the command word into Cantonese/Mandarin as well?

8. Lerxt

Lerxt Member

I've got a few things to get looked at so i will have to add it to the list....

9. Captain_Kong

Captain_Kong Member

For example, I said "Play" in English, then "xxx" in either Mandarin or Cantonese. This works! Do give this a try.

10. DITB

DITB Charged.hk co-founder

I am looking forward to when you can control the car this way, ie "open sunroof", "Resume Cruise Control", "overtake Porsche Cayenne" and so on. The last one for those with autopilot enabled.

Lerxt, I think it understands English, Cantonese and Mandarin, not sure about Australian though :rolleyes:

11. MikeInFL

MikeInFL Member

Literally on the ground laughing right now!

12. Lerxt

Lerxt Member

Took my car to get some items corrected today and they said that the Voice Commands don't work ( works rarely) because of a software bug. The same goes for parking sensor anomalies. There is supposedly a software update coming for these items which includes the navigation software next year.

13. lx3h

lx3h Charged.hk TSLA Grp Rep

Mine never seems to work

14. DITB

DITB Charged.hk co-founder

I am really looking forward to when you can control things like pano roof, regen and other car functions from voice commands. I don't care about "Play this song" or "call this person" as I don't think it will find the right person anyway with my thousands of contacts. I have tens of Peters, Mikes and so on, no use. I wish the phone function had a favourites list, though.

15. 3fiftynine

3fiftynine Member

The front parking senors behaved weirdly when the front is clear or a truck exhausting in front of me, normally it's the left hand one but sometimes both. It doesn't bother me much perhaps will ask them to check next time I go into service. I'm sure there'll be other service needs.

16. Lerxt

Lerxt Member

This is a symptom that is supposedly due to be fixed in that software update.

17. tklwong

tklwong Member

I have the same 2 problems so it looks like a widespread spread issue with after Nov deliveries;

1. Voice commands very rarely work, using "Listen to...." works best
    2. Park sensors especially front left one frequently sets off when slowing down / in traffic. Never at higher cruising speeds.

Hope both are fixed with a software update soon.