Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Volt, Bolt, 3 interiors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two tone photographs better. Most people will opt for a solid interior. The Bolt and Volt likely have similar fit and finish. My guess is that the M3 will be somewhat inferior to these Chevy products when it comes to interior fit and finish. I hope that long term Tesla will offer a true premium model 3 interior.
What does that mean exactly? That seems like a rather vague statement. I've seen similar things in forums here and elsewhere, but it truly gets my ire up a bit. That's because, from my point of view, a 'true premium interior' would equate to a car filled with overstuffed pillows, embroidery, frills, and a bunch of other stuff I don't care about at all. Because they seem to be designed to cover a concept of 'luxury' that has been in place since the 19th century designs used in stage coaches and carriages. Why would you want a 'CAR of the FUTURE!' to have such accoutrements? Here, watch this:

What does that mean exactly? That seems like a rather vague statement. I've seen similar things in forums here and elsewhere, but it truly gets my ire up a bit. That's because, from my point of view, a 'true premium interior' would equate to a car filled with overstuffed pillows, embroidery, frills, and a bunch of other stuff I don't care about at all. Because they seem to be designed to cover a concept of 'luxury' that has been in place since the 19th century designs used in stage coaches and carriages. Why would you want a 'CAR of the FUTURE!' to have such accoutrements? Here, watch this:

But you have to admit that Teslas lack the craftsmanship, attention to detail and that sense of regalness evident in brands coming from Europe, where a long tradition of luxury coach-building exists.

3301279d8f163d7dcf2f0c56458f2d2d.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: ilg and Red Sage
But you have to admit that Teslas lack the craftsmanship, attention to detail and that sense of regalness evident in brands coming from Europe, where a long tradition of luxury coach-building exists.

3301279d8f163d7dcf2f0c56458f2d2d.jpg
"True premium" to me means quality materials and quality craftsmanship. Substance not embroidery or frills. We will be riding in the car of the future with our same old bodies so comfort, ergonomics still count for a lot. A sense of well being while surrounded by quality design and materials enhances the driving experience.

"True premium" to me means quality materials and quality craftsmanship. Substance not embroidery or frills. We will be riding in the car of the future with our same old bodies so comfort, ergonomics still count for a lot. A sense of well being while surrounded by quality design and materials enhances the driving experience.
In case it wasn't obvious, my previous post with the image of the Rococo carriage was tongue-in-cheek. I don't care much for bling as a statement of "luxury". Should have included a smiley. :)

Reactions: Red Sage
To each his own, I'm just noting that if your 'own' preference is leaning toward the Victorian concept of 'luxury', you will be continually disappointed by Tesla Motors' stock offerings in terms of interior comfort for quite some time. I rarely come across any glaring fit and finish issues in new cars. The 'quality' of materials bears itself out over the course of several years, I think.

I believe that 'substance' means different things to different people. It really depends upon what you are looking for, and what you find in what you get. Check out this excerpt:

"When I shut the Model S door, the feeling it gave me was indeed very different, and yet somehow, strangely familiar. I thought to myself 'I know this sound.'

"And then it dawned on me. That sound, that feel, that is how the cabin door feels on a G5. A super strong, yet super lightweight structure designed to do things ordinary doors could never do. Radically different from a common car door, but the way things are done on a $45 million jet."

Ah. So warning lights, symbols, messages, haptic feedback, and audio alerts only work in ICE vehicles now. Gotcha.

Please learn to read without your "I'm the only one who likes Tesla" glasses.
Where did I even mention ICE vehicles?

Identifying and fixing error modes is not about assigning blame. A miscommunication is about BOTH parties. Given how much easier it is for Tesla to change one piece of software than it is for them to change all their customers, the fix is far more likely to be done there, regardless of any blame you want to assign. You will note that this is precisely what they have done.

Thank you kindly.

• Informative
4. They will announce availability of the S/X 100D, and a re-jiggering of the battery lineup. I predict a 70, 85, 100.
5. They will announce overall price reductions, on the 70/85.
This would mean withholding the new battery tech, adding about 10% of capacity by switching to 2170 cells, and another implied 10% in (long overdue) chemistry updated, from the flagship cars. Makes no sense to me.
More likely would be announcement of the 120D model S/X, fitting in the same space as the original 85. JB Straubel promised 40% improvement in battery density from 2012 to Model 3 intro. 85*1.4=119 kWh

Some wait time for that 120 (unlike the recent 100 intro), but sold at the same price as the old nonP 100D. Range: ~340 * 1.20 = ~408 miles EPA. With so much battery power, is a P model needed? It could of course be offered.

60kWh stays (as there are more superchargers, it works better and better), drops in price some (thanks to in-house cell production), upgradable to 75kWh. Possible further price drop by making SC pre-paid by the kWh.

90kWh now for the price of the old 75, or even below that (again, the 2170's).

• Disagree
I will add, using materials that will not break within the expected reasonable lifespan of the car. Ask me how many plastic air vents, cup holders and door handles I've had to buy replacements from GM on a car with less than 50k miles that 95% of the time has just the driver in it....

(if you don't want to guess, that number is 7 to date).

• Informative
Reactions: Red Sage and EinSV