Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vote for Michelin CrossClimate 2 tires for Tesla Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't really get these tires - are they year-round tires? Or more suited for areas that get a lot of snow/rain year round?
They are all seasons (year round) but have extremely good performance (for all seasons) in snow and ice. For instance Canada mandates you use these tires at a minimum in the winter. They prob won't replace straight winter tires but they are really good. In my experience from living in Seattle they are great in the rain and for trips up in the mountains

They are all seasons (year round) but have extremely good performance (for all seasons) in snow and ice. For instance Canada mandates you use these tires at a minimum in the winter. They prob won't replace straight winter tires but they are really good. In my experience from living in Seattle they are great in the rain and for trips up in the mountains
Ok, thanks, so probably not something I'd need to consider for NJ, where are winters are not that harsh (usually) and we don't get deluged with rain constantly (usually).

I've been thinking about these before winters hits. Does it rub against the wheel wells at all? I know the the clearance should be good while driving relatively straight but what about sharp turns or driving or bad roads, do you feel/hear anything? And to clarify, bad roads as in the terrible roads of Massachusetts, not off-roading or anything

I have the Crossclimate+ on my Model 3 (18" wheels) and have driven them in deep snow (had a 4+' snowstorm shortly after I got them-- roads were snowpacked for 2 weeks) and in Seattle rain. In all cases the performance beat all expectations. Want to get a set for my Model Y but the lack of an OEM size on the Crossclimate 2 is irritating. Will probably go with the 255/45R20 anyway and just live with the speedometer being slightly off. Will sign the petition.

I have the Crossclimate+ on my Model 3 (18" wheels) and have driven them in deep snow (had a 4+' snowstorm shortly after I got them-- roads were snowpacked for 2 weeks) and in Seattle rain. In all cases the performance beat all expectations. Want to get a set for my Model Y but the lack of an OEM size on the Crossclimate 2 is irritating. Will probably go with the 255/45R20 anyway and just live with the speedometer being slightly off. Will sign the petition.
That's what I installed on my MYP. 255/45R20. They fit totally fine and drive well. The added sidewall is nice to have too and offers a quieter and slightly less firm ride.

Reactions: SWIPE
Last edited:
For the first 1,000 miles or so, the efficiency did drop for me on the CrossClimate+, but since then the difference seems to be under 5%, maybe less. Strangely, never had to rotate in over 25,000 miles on my AWD. Difficult to prove without track test with same car, same weather, etc...