Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Wait for routine SC visit to correct minor problems?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery yesterday and noticed:

1. Right FWD out of alignment but still closes.
2. Right 2nd seat adjustment makes a rubbing noise. The belt connector looks low so it's probably rubbing?
3. The left FWD aligns well but has a superficial tear in the seal.

Do most people wait until the first routine SC visit to correct minor issues? I'd rather avoid an additional SC visit if not needed but don't know if/how I should documen this stuff.

You could just keep an ongoing list of the problems. Give them the list when you decide to make an appointment go in. You have LOTS of time to get problems fixed under warranty.

Based on my experience as an owner with almost a whole month of seniority on you, I'd suggest avoiding the SC unless the problems are safety, serious, may cause damage, or are really annoying.

Tomorrow, I'm heading back for the THIRD time to have them re-fix (hopefully) botched repairs of mostly minor problems. This time my "repaired" pano roof doesn't want to stay closed...and we're having a ton of rain.

For the minor stuff, I'm beginning to lean toward fix-it-myself or live-with-it.

Not happy :(