Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wait time between putting in license/personal info to getting contract to getting delivery text?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a Model 3 Performance order -- I never received a notification from Tesla, but suddenly had the option ~2 weeks after ordering to enter all pertinent delivery/payment details. It took about 4 weeks to get a text from Tesla after completing those steps. The text from Tesla was to inform me that I would have to wait another 4-6 weeks for delivery. I immediately cancelled that order and only have a Y Performance ordered as of now :)

Without receiving an email nor text, I suddenly had the option to enter my DL and finance info for my MY this last Saturday. I completed the finance portion this morning and got a delivery email requesting that I agree to terms and confirm that I'm ready for delivery a few hours later. Now I'm waiting for the VIN and delivery date. Sure hope it isn't 4 weeks.

• Informative
Reactions: BM3LRPUP19
I had a Model 3 Performance order -- I never received a notification from Tesla, but suddenly had the option ~2 weeks after ordering to enter all pertinent delivery/payment details. It took about 4 weeks to get a text from Tesla after completing those steps. The text from Tesla was to inform me that I would have to wait another 4-6 weeks for delivery. I immediately cancelled that order and only have a Y Performance ordered as of now :)
Thanks for your thoughts! Hope you get the Y soon!

Without receiving an email nor text, I suddenly had the option to enter my DL and finance info for my MY this last Saturday. I completed the finance portion this morning and got a delivery email requesting that I agree to terms and confirm that I'm ready for delivery a few hours later. Now I'm waiting for the VIN and delivery date. Sure hope it isn't 4 weeks.
Great turnaround so far! Hoping for the same.

sales advisor emailed me this morning when I asked if I’m just stagnant after uploading insurance proof last week; he said delivery still by end of the month (VIN soon to be assigned) and also:

“You will receive a text to choose exact delivery date; if you don’t respond within 24hrs we will assign the earliest date for you”

sales advisor emailed me this morning when I asked if I’m just stagnant after uploading insurance proof last week; he said delivery still by end of the month (VIN soon to be assigned) and also:

“You will receive a text to choose exact delivery date; if you don’t respond within 24hrs we will assign the earliest date for you”
So did the sales advisor email you in response to your inquiry or did he initiate contact before that at some time?