Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting for parts for more than a month

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car was rear-ended on Nov 6th. And I quickly scheduled an appointment in the recommended body shop(which is a Tesla service center) to get that fixed.

A week later I was contacted by Tesla Fremont to confirm that they will order the part first. Since it will take about 10+ business days to prepare the parts, the appointment was cancelled and would be rescheduled when the part is ready.

Guess what, at this point, the part is still not ready yet and I'm still waiting for a call from Tesla to schedule the appointment.

I guess they may on purpose de-prioritize my order because the car is mostly drive-able and Tesla is pushing very hard to meet the holiday new car orders. But waiting for more than 1 month to get just the parts ready seems to be too much. I wonder how they can properly sustain it once the volume grows.

I would suggest a good supply of patience pills I have had my M3SR+ for 9 months. It was delivered with damaged shocks that rattle and clunk on rough roads at slow to moderate speeds from Day 1. Still no parts, and even though my service center has a part number, they say there is zero inventory in North America. At least I can drive the car. It rattles like an old pickup truck, and sounds like a wheel or two is about to fall off,

I was assured by the first mobile service tech that there is no risk but it is really freaking annoying and embarrassing, and people in the street give me strange looks. Every time I use the car on rough roads (most of the roads in our area), I can't help worrying that the frequent banging and hammering is doing damage to other expensive components in the suspension and steering.

As a consequence, I try to avoid giving people rides in my car. Even playing the music loudly does not hide the noise. I thought the winter snow might help, but it just makes the noise more evident by reducing tire and other road noise. A couple of people I know who have been party to the saga have ordered Konas. Pretty disappointing after a three-year wait for a $50K car.

Never been able to connect to a WiFi signal outside the service center, either, even 30 ft from my router through a wooden wall. Got a range extender coming. Tesla has changed the antenna and cable to no effect. Car can detect a hotspot phone signal for up to 6 feet, then loses it.

That said, it has been otherwise reliable and several other factory defects have been satisfactorily resolved by parts changes (touchscreen, Bluetooth antenna, turn signal pod). No problem with the drive train, although the battery seems to have lost between 3 and 4% in the first 5,000 miles, and did not get a any noticeable range extension via update so 238 miles of nominal range is now about 233 miles.

Now that the end-of-year push is over, I must get back to nagging the service staff before a year goes by. Good luck with your repair!

I would suggest a good supply of patience pills I have had my M3SR+ for 9 months. It was delivered with damaged shocks that rattle and clunk on rough roads at slow to moderate speeds from Day 1. Still no parts, and even though my service center has a part number, they say there is zero inventory in North America. At least I can drive the car. It rattles like an old pickup truck, and sounds like a wheel or two is about to fall off,

I was assured by the first mobile service tech that there is no risk but it is really freaking annoying and embarrassing, and people in the street give me strange looks. Every time I use the car on rough roads (most of the roads in our area), I can't help worrying that the frequent banging and hammering is doing damage to other expensive components in the suspension and steering.

As a consequence, I try to avoid giving people rides in my car. Even playing the music loudly does not hide the noise. I thought the winter snow might help, but it just makes the noise more evident by reducing tire and other road noise. A couple of people I know who have been party to the saga have ordered Konas. Pretty disappointing after a three-year wait for a $50K car.

Never been able to connect to a WiFi signal outside the service center, either, even 30 ft from my router through a wooden wall. Got a range extender coming. Tesla has changed the antenna and cable to no effect. Car can detect a hotspot phone signal for up to 6 feet, then loses it.

That said, it has been otherwise reliable and several other factory defects have been satisfactorily resolved by parts changes (touchscreen, Bluetooth antenna, turn signal pod). No problem with the drive train, although the battery seems to have lost between 3 and 4% in the first 5,000 miles, and did not get a any noticeable range extension via update so 238 miles of nominal range is now about 233 miles.

Now that the end-of-year push is over, I must get back to nagging the service staff before a year goes by. Good luck with your repair!
Hate to say it, but I wonder how the Model Y push will have an effect as well, not sure how many actual parts they share though. But if it's any indication from the S and X getting pushed aside for the 3, it wouldn't surprise me if the same ends up happening to the 3 considering many expect the Y to be their biggest seller going forward.

My car was rear-ended on Nov 6th. And I quickly scheduled an appointment in the recommended body shop(which is a Tesla service center) to get that fixed.

A week later I was contacted by Tesla Fremont to confirm that they will order the part first. Since it will take about 10+ business days to prepare the parts, the appointment was cancelled and would be rescheduled when the part is ready.

Guess what, at this point, the part is still not ready yet and I'm still waiting for a call from Tesla to schedule the appointment.

I guess they may on purpose de-prioritize my order because the car is mostly drive-able and Tesla is pushing very hard to meet the holiday new car orders. But waiting for more than 1 month to get just the parts ready seems to be too much. I wonder how they can properly sustain it once the volume grows.

In these situations, I have found it best to keep scheduling appointments so someone can check in on the parts order. Tesla will never call you back.

• Informative
Reactions: keytalker