Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting for the 90D in Switzerland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
dear all

my name is Dominique, i am a software engineer and live in northern switzerland (at the tri-nation border of germany and france). i have been following Tesla since many years and could no longer wait, after an impromptu test drive i needed to have the computer on wheels...

i ordered a 90D beginning of november, scheduled delivery is march (thanks to Tesla having to meet the year end frenzy in the US, it got pushed from january...) and i am biting my fingernails daily, frantically refreshing my.tesla...

i have shortened the wait by browsing these forums in-depth, and i am amazed at the variety of topics, the heart and discussion culture i found here. so a big thanks to you all.

i am hoping to contribute here and there in the future.

greetings
dom.

Reactions: ggnykk
Hi there Solaris,
this is Jonathan and I'm currently living in Ticino, so I'm also stuck in between three borders, although there's Italy on the other side of them...
Ordered my P90D last September, the car left production and figured in transit since November. Delivery still reads 17-31 December 2015. Could be anytime from now on I suppose.

I also found a lot of infomation here and I'm currently gathering info to shop for various items like winter rims/tires, floor mats etc.

I' also planning to install Artsci's Gen II rear lighted appliqué if this might be of your interest.

Cheers,
j.

this is Jonathan and I'm currently living in Ticino
warm greetings to the sunny south of switzerland then :) you'll have ideal temperatures to operate your P90D almost year round!

I also found a lot of infomation here and I'm currently gathering info to shop for various items like winter rims/tires, floor mats etc.
indeed! we're lucky to have a large amount of experience already accumulated in this forum...

I' also planning to install Artsci's Gen II rear lighted appliqué if this might be of your interest.
:) it sure is a nice appliqué - but a bit expensive for my taste - and i prefer it "stealthier" :)

i will be getting a full Modesta treatment for my 90D though, in the netherlands (makes for a nice first long-range trip), as well as a dashcam, added rubber door+frunk seals - and of course the special front license plate mount (on the grill next to the radar - so as not to have holes in the front dome).

let me know when you pass through the Basel area - we now have a supercharger there :)

@ solaris007
Well, we do actually have milder weather that on your side of the Alps...:wink:

The car is white so I am going to have the appliquè in the same color. No fancy K.I.T.T. light play, just extra brake light and "breathing" when charging.

I am going for the side plate mount too. FYI, Tesla SC won't fit it for you as it's not allowed to do it by specific instructions from the HQ.
Quite easy to do on your own anyway.

How come you end up in the Netherlands for your Modesta coating? Extra interesting price?

j.

Hi Guys,
I don't know when you were planing to install your appliqué. Let me just give you a heads up, the Gen 2 appliqué for the X or 90D will not be available
before March of this year. I will be in Ramstein Germany for the christmas holidays, if your interested in getting a little help with the install Let Rick know
when you order your appliqué.

dear all

my name is Dominique, i am a software engineer and live in northern switzerland (at the tri-nation border of germany and france). i have been following Tesla since many years and could no longer wait, after an impromptu test drive i needed to have the computer on wheels...

i ordered a 90D beginning of november, scheduled delivery is march (thanks to Tesla having to meet the year end frenzy in the US, it got pushed from january...) and i am biting my fingernails daily, frantically refreshing my.tesla...

i have shortened the wait by browsing these forums in-depth, and i am amazed at the variety of topics, the heart and discussion culture i found here. so a big thanks to you all.

i am hoping to contribute here and there in the future.

greetings
dom.

Hi, also leave in Basel and similarly waiting for an S90D by end of February!
Longest wait ever...

Hi all - also in Basel, also waiting on a 90D (end March), and also interested in NOT drilling holes in the front!

I've searched long and hard but not seen a side mount suitable for the Swiss front plate - can you share a link?

Maybe we should do a group trip to NL for the modesta? :)

Reactions: ggnykk