Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Model X 7 Seat ONLY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted this over in the other waiting room but thought I’d post here as well. Any insight on placing an order on hold and the color changes in debating. Here is my dilemma.

ODD 6/1/21 MXLR 7 seater, white/black interior/20” and FSD. My date range was December 2022 which I was actually happy about since I just got married and am in the process of buying a house. My delivery window has narrowed to June 12-July 3. Which makes me nervous, since I would prefer one big purchase at a time lol not two at once. If I get a vin soon, should I just put the order on hold? How does that work?

Also I’m debating switching to grey exterior with white interior and dropping FSD. Which I know will naturally delay my order. I currently drive a white MY with FSD and keeping a white car clean is a lot more work than I remember when I drove a white BMW. Also don’t think FSD is worth the money right now. Anyone with a grey/white MX that wants to share pictures and convince me to change?

Reactions: msjodilynn1
Looks like 13 out of the 112 7-seat orders listed in this forums XL spreadsheet have listed as having received a VIN. That’s >10% of us 7-seat folks who have a VIN…making some progress! We were at a grand total of 0 like a month ago lol.
Over 10% already with 13 deliveries! So they started delivering 7 seaters from mid May so it’s only half month passed with over 10% of delivery! Keep going Tesla!

Edit: Not delivery, it’s just vin but still not bad. :)

I posted this over in the other waiting room but thought I’d post here as well. Any insight on placing an order on hold and the color changes in debating. Here is my dilemma.

ODD 6/1/21 MXLR 7 seater, white/black interior/20” and FSD. My date range was December 2022 which I was actually happy about since I just got married and am in the process of buying a house. My delivery window has narrowed to June 12-July 3. Which makes me nervous, since I would prefer one big purchase at a time lol not two at once. If I get a vin soon, should I just put the order on hold? How does that work?

Also I’m debating switching to grey exterior with white interior and dropping FSD. Which I know will naturally delay my order. I currently drive a white MY with FSD and keeping a white car clean is a lot more work than I remember when I drove a white BMW. Also don’t think FSD is worth the money right now. Anyone with a grey/white MX that wants to share pictures and convince me to change?
I had the same exact specs and my initial order date was within a week of yours. After taking delivery of my wife's 2022 black model S in April, I decided to change the color of my model X to black also. In order to avoid potential delays I thought about keeping the white X and wrapping the car with new colored PPF. However, wrapping prices are getting pretty high near me in Northern California (seeing quotes above $8k). I was able to change my color instead for a few thousand. However, my EDD is now showing September 11 through November 20. Similar to you, since we already have an EV, I'm at peace with a delay if it does happen.

Also, with regards to white cars, I experienced a funny situation at a super charger station where a Tesla owner tried to open the door of the wrong car... there were so many white Teslas docked at the charging stations he had to use the unlock feature on his phone to identify which one was his. I thought it was hilarious.

Just got vinned with delivery range from today-6/6!! Previous range was 6/19-7/24. The only problem is I need to put it on hold for 30 days (is that the max now?) because I have travel plans. Here’s the specs:

Odd late January ‘21. White/black/7 seat/20”/fsd. Someone else will get this one!
Congrats on getting VINNED! Did you check if you have the most latest VIN? As some have mentioned they received older VINS than someone that got before them.

Yes, I believe 30 days is the latest and if you reject it, they may cancel your order?

• Love
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Just got VIN!

Ordered 5/11/21, EDD was 8/31-10/26 until lunch time. Now suddenly I got vin.

Attachments

• 4BD9FCBD-3803-4C0F-93DD-DA42F325F702.jpeg
    4BD9FCBD-3803-4C0F-93DD-DA42F325F702.jpeg
    144.5 KB · Views: 76
Just got vinned with delivery range from today-6/6!! Previous range was 6/19-7/24. The only problem is I need to put it on hold for 30 days (is that the max now?) because I have travel plans. Here’s the specs:

Odd late January ‘21. White/black/7 seat/20”/fsd. Someone else will get this one!
Don’t put that on hold for too long or else that’ll go to me :). I have the exact config minus fsd and I’m also in the bay!

• Funny
Reactions: lexus26
Don’t put that on hold for too long or else that’ll go to me :). I have the exact config minus fsd and I’m also in the bay!
I put the hold on for all of June so they definitely won’t be selling me that car-they only hold vins for up to a few days from what I understand. Once the hold is removed, I have to wait for another vin which may come quickly or could take a while.

Just got a couple of text from Tesla today , one regarding a non-obligatory trade-in offer if I wanted to trade in my current vehicle and the second one confirming information regarding my Model X order. My EDD range is currently 06/09-7/14 but still don’t have a VIN. Curious if anyone else has the same experience?

Ordered 03/21, White on black, 20” LR 7 Seater with FSD. In OC area

My order got pushed back from June 20 - July 25 to Aug 3 - Sep 13 EDD,
Red/Black LR 7 seat, 20", FSD July 2021 order. It went like this
July Est.
Dec 2022-Apr 2023
June 20 - July 25
Dec 2022-Apr 2023
June 20 - July 25
Aug 3 - Sep 13

:'(

My order got pushed back from June 20 - July 25 to Aug 3 - Sep 13 EDD,
Red/Black LR 7 seat, 20", FSD July 2021 order. It went like this
July Est.
Dec 2022-Apr 2023
June 20 - July 25
Dec 2022-Apr 2023
June 20 - July 25
Aug 3 - Sep 13

:'(
I think our configs are identical. My order date was early October and I am looking at Aug 23-Oct 18 currently. And yes a lot of bouncing.