Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Walked in for a new shirt at the mall and left with this...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Walked into the mall today to buy a shirt and randomly stopped into the Tesla store before leaving just to see if they had any nice inventory cars. Left with putting a deposit on the following. Am I crazy to not get this?

New Inventory 2018 Model S P100D with 1800 miles
$133,000
Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive Included
Midnight Silver Metallic Paint $1,500
Sunroof $2,000
21" Sonic Carbon Twin Turbine Wheels $4,500
White Premium Included Dark Ash Wood Décor Included Dark Headliner Included
Ludicrous Speed Upgrade Included Tesla Red Brake Calipers Included
Enhanced Autopilot $5,000
Full Self-Driving Capability $3,000
Premium Upgrades Package Included
Smart Air Suspension Included
Subtotal $149,000
Documentation Fee $75
Destination Fee $1,125
Shipping is free
Price Adjustment ($38,700)
Total $111,500

Since I am a current X owner, they took an additional $20K off for the ludicrous, removed FSD for $3k and removed the 21" wheels for $4500 bringing my total to $84,000 less the $3750 credit to a grand total amount of $80,250 pre-tax.

I am waiting to see if I can lease this thing.

So they took off 20k for Ludi, but you get to keep it right?

Trust me, I asked that same question 3 times separate times and had it written down on paper that the ludicrous would stay but the $20K would be deducted. The sales rep called me about 30 minutes ago saying he spoke to the finance team and we are good to go with taking off the $20K but keeping the ludicrous. I am just waiting now to see lease figures.

Even buying it would be a great deal since you are basically shaving off a good chunk of depreciation. Can’t find a used AP2.5 100DL for that price.

Yes, was thinking the exactly same thing. I am crunching the math as we speak. I have always shied away from purchasing Tesla just because of the risk of new technology and massive depreciation, but this situation seems to be quite different.

Trust me, I asked that same question 3 times separate times and had it written down on paper that the ludicrous would stay but the $20K would be deducted. The sales rep called me about 30 minutes ago saying he spoke to the finance team and we are good to go with taking off the $20K but keeping the ludicrous. I am just waiting now to see lease figures.
@Kuhz
It's a bonus available to all owners. From Tesla's blog:
We also want to emphasize the critical impact each of our early Tesla owners has had on advancing our mission, so as a thank you, all existing Model S and Model X owners who wish to purchase a new Model S or Model X Performance car will get the Ludicrous Mode upgrade, up to a $20,000 (USD) value worldwide, at no additional charge.

• Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
Walked into the mall today to buy a shirt and randomly stopped into the Tesla store before leaving just to see if they had any nice inventory cars. Left with putting a deposit on the following. Am I crazy to not get this?

New Inventory 2018 Model S P100D with 1800 miles
Since I am a current X owner, they took an additional $20K off for the ludicrous, removed FSD for $3k and removed the 21" wheels for $4500 bringing my total to $84,000 less the $3750 credit to a grand total amount of $80,250 pre-tax.

I am waiting to see if I can lease this thing.

That is ****ed! I e-mailed my Owner Advisor @ Kierland yesterday morning specifically about a new inventory 2019 P100DL and whether the Ludicrous gift could be applied to it. He quickly said "no", and then pointed out that I can order a P100DL with the latest updates cheaper than the inventory car. Duh! That solidifies my point that I should be able to buy a now outdated inventory car with the same free Ludicrous upgrade that I get on a factory order. BTW, the email I got from Tesla says "As an existing owner, you will receive a free Ludicrous Mode upgrade, a $20,000 value, if you purchase a new Model S or Model X Performance car." I see no differentiation between inventory or factory order. :confused:

Great for you though! Congrats!! I might have to take a casual trip down to Fashion Square.

PS - The car I was interested in would have been $86,850 pre-tax with the deductions you listed... you got a smokin' deal!

Last edited:
Reactions: BBone
? I don’t follow.
Add up everything on the sheet (and note that there is no price for ludicrous because it's built into the base cost of the car). = 149,000
Now add doc and destination (1,200) = 150,200
Now subtract the discounts (rims, fsd, ludi = 38,700) = 111,500

Your cost isn't 111,500 - 38,700 (which would be 72,800). Your cost is 150,200 - 38,700… which is 111,500.