Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall Charger continues to charge when complete

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Gen2 wall charger (a limited edition Elon Musk signed unit) and I have recently (last 3 wks or so) noticed that our Model X continues to charge despite showing as completed although at a much slower rate. This is new behavior from a month ago.

I first noticed a few weeks ago that the green light on the wall unit was continuing to pulse (move) even though the car was fully charged. I remember thinking that was bizarre and I checked where the plug attached to the vehicle and it was solid green and not pulsing. On the app it was showing charge completed.

Now that we are not driving as much and spending more time at home I have seen the vehicle get to over 90% charge despite being set at 80%. It continues to trickle in despite showing complete in app, within the car, not blinking where plugged in to the vehicle. The only indication that charging is still happening is that the wall unit is pulsing.

I tried turning the circuit off and on for the wall charger as well as resetting the car. I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue, or if an update occurred? I searched the forums first and saw no mention of this issue.

Cycling through the "scheduled charging " did it for me (on my Gen 3 ). Tech actually said my car was on scheduled charging, but my screen showed it as off, thats what gave me the idea to cycle it on and then back to off....fixed issue for me / Hope that helps

Reactions: mkellock