Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall charger grant.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m hoping to be getting my m3 P+ in 2 weeks, but wanted to know what is involved in getting a wall charger grant. My situation is I’m looking to move in 12-15 months. I wanted to know is the grant based on the car and can you claim for more than one. As I would like one for where I am now and then for the new home I’m moving too in 12 to 15 months.

Can it be done.
What criteria are you judged on?
The car?
The address?
The person or what?
Would I be able to get one for this house and then the new house I move to with still having the same car.

OLEV grant is applied to the car registration (presumably VIN)

A subsequent owner could avail themselves of the grant on a car that had previously had an OLEV grant given for the previous owner.

When you apply for the grant you are asked whether you have previously claimed for the specified vehicle, which you obviously would've at your current house.

I don't imagine there is anything stopping you getting it decommissioned from your current house and taking it with you though?

I don't imagine there is anything stopping you getting it decommissioned from your current house and taking it with you though?

Unless you have a cheap sparky, is this really worth it? You are only saving cost of wall connector and adding a second sparky's callout.

Why don't you get an inexpensive wall connector now (or even a suitable commando socket and use the granny charger) without OLEV grant, then when you move, get an OLEV (not sure how long this grant is due to run) one installed.

Yes, it will cost you a bit more, but you get a new wall connector when you move, so you will get a full warranty on the whole install, which, under OLEV rules, iirc needs to be for 3 or so years.

I would just roll it into one of those costs incurred when one moves house. Pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things.