Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall charger install into Solar Sub Panel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My house has 100 AMP main circuit breaker panel and no room to install anything. My solar company (Tesla) installed a subpanel (Picture attached)

I plan to install a 50 amp circuit breaker to this sub-panel and hook up the Tesla Wall charger.

Question 1 - Can I do this ?
Question 2 - Please guide me how to hookup the attached circuit breaker to this sub panel and wire the tesla charger jsut by the side of this panel.

Thanks in advance

IMG_6847.jpg
IMG_6846.jpg
IMG_6848.jpg

First step... call an electrician. You are very far out of your element. Screwing with solar installs is not for the novice.

What lead you to buy that tandem breaker? You have tons of space in that panel so you don't need a tandem breaker. You also almost definitely don't have the remaining main breaker capacity to drive a new 50 amp circuit anyway. >Maybe< a new 40(32 amp usable) circuit, but I'd certainly be doing a load calculation even for that.

I'm also a tiny bit worried about the 20 amp breaker that's already in place(upper right). It doesn't seem to have large enough conductors connected to it(comparing to the lower right 20 amp breaker, anyway)