Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall Charger Installation Quote - Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys,

I have no idea what's typical cost of installing Tesla wall charger in NJ/NYC, so hope one of you could recommended if quote below look reasonable. It does not include cost of Tesla wall charger ($500).

1) 150AMP TO 200AMP SERVICE UPGRADE (SIEMENS 200AMP Panel BOX Installed) = $1850
2) Wiring from Panel (basement) to HPWC (garage) - 75 ft = $1650
3) Permit/PSEG Utility Upgrade/Processing = $400
4) Installation of Disconnect as HPWC is not within light of sight of Panel = $380

Total = $4280
+ $500 (wall charger)

* I have 150 amp panel and recommendation is to bump it to 200 amp.

I think it is little bit high but have no idea what would typical cost be for this type of work. any suggestion, how much I should be paying of this type of work? Thank you.

LOL, wtf. It cost me $600 to get about a 50 foot run from the garage to the panel. There is NO WAY it costs $1650 to do that.

Guys,

I have no idea what's typical cost of installing Tesla wall charger in NJ/NYC, so hope one of you could recommended if quote below look reasonable. It does not include cost of Tesla wall charger ($500).

1) 150AMP TO 200AMP SERVICE UPGRADE (SIEMENS 200AMP Panel BOX Installed) = $1850
2) Wiring from Panel (basement) to HPWC (garage) - 75 ft = $1650
3) Permit/PSEG Utility Upgrade/Processing = $400
4) Installation of Disconnect as HPWC is not within light of sight of Panel = $380

Total = $4280
+ $500 (wall charger)

* I have 150 amp panel and recommendation is to bump it to 200 amp.

I think it is little bit high but have no idea what would typical cost be for this type of work. any suggestion, how much I should be paying of this type of work? Thank you.
_________
I’m in PA BUT the cost to install my wall charger was less than half of the amount you quote. My run from my garage to my fuse box was more complicated than most and more expensive but the total was under $2000 plus the cost of the charger itself.

In TN, the quote I got was $1600 for a new circuit + 50' run from the breaker to my parking area, including conduit and digging a trench through the yard + installation of the wall connector. A utility board rebate basically covers the cost of the wall connector, otherwise I probably would have just installed a NEMA 14-50 outlet.