Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall charger price

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, all gas.
I would think you could easily get 20a/240v which, depending on your model should let you recover at about 15 miles per every hour of charging. Overnight that's pretty significant. Your only downside is quick turnarounds from long trips, but if you have a supercharger within some range your covered in the unlikely event you need something quick.

I do agree w/ the electrician that your not getting 60a from your panel. But, with all gas, they should be able to calculate a reasonable amount that will be safe and easy.

I'd call the electrician and ask how much they could get, with a target of 20-30a / 240v. You would be pretty happy within that range and it would keep you from spending a pile of money.

I would think you could easily get 20a/240v which, depending on your model should let you recover at about 15 miles per every hour of charging. Overnight that's pretty significant. Your only downside is quick turnarounds from long trips, but if you have a supercharger within some range your covered in the unlikely event you need something quick.

I do agree w/ the electrician that your not getting 60a from your panel. But, with all gas, they should be able to calculate a reasonable amount that will be safe and easy.

I'd call the electrician and ask how much they could get, with a target of 20-30a / 240v. You would be pretty happy within that range and it would keep you from spending a pile of money.

Thanks so much for all you help, I really appreciate it!

Thanks so much for all you help, I really appreciate it!

Even 240@12V (15V regular plug) is enough for daily commute. Or use the UMC with a regular 120V/12V plug and do a destination charge here and there when possible. Or a Top up charge on the weekends when you go out.

More and more L2 chargers are coming online. Spending 4k for any install is excessive. No more than 1200$ imho.