Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall connector Green Light pulsing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A single green light pulsing indicates the Wall Connector is SSID broadcasting and is ready to be commissioned. Commissioning is required if you want to connect your Wall Connector to your WiFi network, configure the Wall Connector for a specific breaker size, or set up power sharing. The figure below is from page 26 of the Gen 3 Wall Connector owner’s manual.
CleanShot 2022-10-12 at 05.42.02@2x.png

I had mine installed a few days ago and was commissioned by the installer as he couldnt find my 2.4 ghz signal.
Last night I reset my modem and connected it.
However it has now dropped off and says it is offline and the green light is pulsing. The main thing is that it works. The only solace is that the pulsing seems cool!

We just had our Gen3 connector installed by a "Tesla certified" electrician. They did it right, but had no idea how to commission it, so I did that myself via the TeslaPros app. Once that was done, I added it to my house via the standard Tesla App. There were a few bumps along the way, but I got it done and now I don't see any lights I don't expect. Blue when plugged into the vehicle but not charging, green streaming while charging, and single solid green when not plugged in. Connector also shows up in the house view as either plugged in or idle, and when charging it shows how much current is going into the car. Oh, I should probably mention we have a pair of PowerWalls, a Tesla gateway, and solar panels, which may be why we have a house view in addition to the car view in the Tesla App.

As has been noted above, we could force the green pulsing light by holding down the handle button long enough, but we don't do that.