Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wallbox not connecting to WiFi, actually doesn't see some of them at all

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As per subject, my Tesla Wallbox doesn't see some of the WiFi I have...

Repeaters completely not showed in the list when choosing the WiFi to connect to.
I resumed an old WiFi AP and it sees it, worked for 2 weeks then the AP died ... :rolleyes:

Now bouth a Xiaomi Extender, fresh new.
WiFi works for cameras, smartphones, etc. The Wallbox does not see it ... am I doing something wrong ?!

Is there any (known) limitation in which WiFi are usable ?

Is there any (known) limitation in which WiFi are usable ?
Yes. There have been threads on this for years. The Tesla wall connectors just can't connect to a wi-fi network that uses the newer WPA3 encryption, which basically ALL newer wi-fi systems use. And even if it's a mixed WPA2/WPA3 network, it still can't negotiate that, so it can only work if you designate a separate WPA2 access point.

• Informative
Reactions: MitchMitch
Upvote 0
Yes. There have been threads on this for years. The Tesla wall connectors just can't connect to a wi-fi network that uses the newer WPA3 encryption, which basically ALL newer wi-fi systems use. And even if it's a mixed WPA2/WPA3 network, it still can't negotiate that, so it can only work if you designate a separate WPA2 access point.

Thank you for your swift answer
Much appreciated

Reactions: MitchMitch
Upvote 0