Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Want recommendation for floor mats and sunshade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi - you can have a look at our Road Comforts All Weather Mats, they are not the floor liner type, but the classic thick and heavy duty vulcanized rubber that give you a quality feel. Currently on a promotional sale on amazon for 79.99 delivered. Very suitable to your San Diego weather. We have had really good customer response since launching 3 months ago.

I have the max spider car mats.

As far as sunshade goes, I ended up tinting all the windows, including the front window. They have tints now that you can put on your front window that block UV and most of the heat and are clear enough to pass state inspections.
What kind of tint is it call so I can ask my local tint shop for it and what's your experience now you have the front window tint? I live in Los Angeles County any suggestions?

What kind of tint is it call so I can ask my local tint shop for it and what's your experience now you have the front window tint? I live in Los Angeles County any suggestions?

It was InsulatIR 80 from Johnson Window Films.

You can barely tell it is tinted if you have 2 Teslas side by side. They also make an IR85 if you need less tint. 3M makes a CR90 also.

But, it really cuts the heat load of the car sitting out in the TX/OK sun without having to put up a sunshade every time I park.

Always been a Covercraft shade fan for all of my cars. I always loved the custom fit and the sharp look of the folds through the windshield. I frequently get asked where I bought it if they didn't notice the name in the bottom corner.

I went the tinting route to cut a TON of heat!
Went to RODZ TINTING in OC (CA).
Front windshield & sunroof Llumar Air 80 (priority 1 clarity of vision & reduced halo of lights at night; priority 2 heat reduction).
Front doors 3M Crystalline 60 (priority 1 not getting pulled over by LEO
20190613_210252.jpg
while getting maximum UV & heat reduction).
Rear windows and rear windshield Llumar CTX 15 (priority 1 heat reduction; priority 2 privacy).

They KNOW Tesla and did a fabulous job.

I have 3D MAXpider floor mats for about half a year but noticed that taptes has a cheaper version. I wonder if their quality is the same so I ordered one more set of floor mats from taptes. Just received my order today and taptes 3d floor mats look pretty good :)
TapTes 3D floor mats TapTes 3D All-Weather Floor Mats for Tesla Model 3
3D MAXpider floor mats Tesla Model 3 2018-2019 - MAXpider Rubber Floor Mats [Covers Front & Rear, Black] MAX229678
I would recommend 3d maxpider before. But since taptes floor mats are just $100, I'll recommend them instead.

• Informative
Reactions: elf9
I have 3D MAXpider floor mats for about half a year but noticed that taptes has a cheaper version. I wonder if their quality is the same so I ordered one more set of floor mats from taptes. Just received my order today and taptes 3d floor mats look pretty good :)
TapTes 3D floor mats TapTes 3D All-Weather Floor Mats for Tesla Model 3
3D MAXpider floor mats Tesla Model 3 2018-2019 - MAXpider Rubber Floor Mats [Covers Front & Rear, Black] MAX229678
I would recommend 3d maxpider before. But since taptes floor mats are just $100, I'll recommend them instead.

Do you have photos comparing the two - does the quality and material look and feel the similar?

I like my Road Comfort mats... the pattern is a bit different than some of the other all weather mats.

Road Comforts Tesla Model 3 Custom Fit Floor Mats - 2017-2019 - Protect Floor from Dirt, Mud, Snow, Slush & Water - Front and Second Row (4pcs) (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MGXB2G4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_MjLTDbZQZGYN2

I went with this for the trunk liner
HD-Mart Cargo Liners Custom Fit for Tesla Model 3 2017 2018 2019 Trunk Mats Full Black Rubber All Weather Heavy Duty Odorless https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L4K6XB8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_8lLTDbD40EXZS