Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wanted: MX 60D Reservation Takeover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We planned to wait until Spring to purchase the recently vanquished Model X 60D. Now that Tesla has for some unknown reason pulled the rug from up under us, we are scheduled to procure a ‘17 Lexus GX 460 Premium today. Before taking the plunge into unnecessary off-road ICE opulence, I'd like to know if anyone is willing to part with their MX 60D reservation.
I’d prefer an order that can still be customized to our minimalistic taste (even with change fee). However, since the opportunities may be limited, I’m willing to entertain all builds. I’m also open to travel to a different service center if need be, and flexible on delivery dates. Hopefully a mutually beneficial match exists.
Thanks and God Bless.

There does not appear an easy way to transfer a reservation. Especially on a discontinued model. Folks who configured a X60D and confirmed after the change got a confirmation for a X75D.

An inventory car might be your best bet. But the instant depreciation hit would be painful because none of the cars would have E-AP and FSDC. Tesla would have to discount them much more aggressively to get them moving. It happened last month and i predict they will see the writing in the wall by December.

An inventory car might be your best bet. But the instant depreciation hit would be painful because none of the cars would have E-AP and FSDC. Tesla would have to discount them much more aggressively to get them moving. It happened last month and i predict they will see the writing in the wall by December.

Yeah, I figured it would be a long shot. But, I still wanted to take the chance just in case it is a possibility. My SA already checked on inventory vehicles, but the only two that he found in the system weren't spec'd well for us.

Interesting, just saw this posted yesterday:

MX60D - Deposit Return / Transfer

Maybe you guys should discuss. Let us know how it goes and good luck!

Thanks for the lead! That is actually the thread that sparked my post. I inboxed the member last night, and no response yet. I also wanted to cast a wider net since I'm scheduled for the Lexus delivery this morning. This is my last Hail Mary before most likely waiting a few more years to join the revolution.

Yeah, I figured it would be a long shot. But, I still wanted to take the chance just in case it is a possibility. My SA already checked on inventory vehicles, but the only two that he found in the system weren't spec'd well for us.

Thanks for the lead! That is actually the thread that sparked my post. I inboxed the member last night, and no response yet. I also wanted to cast a wider net since I'm scheduled for the Lexus delivery this morning. This is my last Hail Mary before most likely waiting a few more years to join the revolution.

75! its not that much more and the fed rebate is still valid. a few years from now, that fed rebate will be gone and who knows how high finance rates will be.

I have a 7 mile total commute, so a MX 60D was a great sweet spot for price & range for me. After doing some digging today, it doesn't look like it's possible to takeover a non-family member's order anyway due to Tesla policy. However, I would be thrilled if someone knew of a loophole that proved me, Fremont & my local Service Center wrong.