TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

WANTED: Roadster Hardtop

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by knahra1, May 25, 2015.

1. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

2. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

It is much noisier, a big downside in my book. The normal tops have a nice insulation layer to keep it quieter and warmer.

3. gregd

gregd Member

Yes, but the view out the top is wonderful, and I like that it keeps the CF roll-bar behind the seats visible. It's also lighter than the original, and can be installed easily by one person. I'd leave it on all year, except for the solar gain in the summer, so it's still a seasonal item. Noise level on mine seems about the same as the soft top, or maybe a little better.

4. TOBASH

TOBASH Member

This belongs in another forum.

Mods, you might want to move this thread.

5. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

To each his own I guess...I'm sure the view is great, but to me, where the glass top meets the CF roll-bar stands out as a glaring eyesore...a materials mis-match...it is the sole reason that I purchased a CF hard top rather than the glass top (last year)...the CF hard top is very light and can easily be installed / removed by one person. I remove the hard top for the spring / summer / fall seasons...

6. DRM

DRM Roadster #619

I might be willing to sell mine. Never use it here in San Diego.
    But it's the metalic dark-blue color....

7. rdstr

rdstr Member

have you tried Ebay? I found one there myself. I would stick with the original Tesla top myself... fits great and in my opinion the car looks great with it on. I would also recommend the Tesla bag... I thought at first it was expensive, but now glad I bought it... keeps the top well protected. Find it (and a new hardtop) on the Tesla website. good luck.

8. jbadger

jbadger Roadster #506

I'd be willing to part with my hardtop (electric blue) as I don't need it here in California. I've got the nice Tesla bad for it as well. No idea what shipping would look like, but let me know if you're interested.

9. rudy sanchez

rudy sanchez Member

10. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

(Moved it to parts wanted section... )