Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Warm seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree the seats themselves look great. But the monochrome black interior doesn't put some people off?!?

Sure it does some and I thought we would mind when we bought our Model S with the premium vented seats and headline and carbon fiber trim but honestly we both love it alot. First time with a black interior car. Nice and dark during really bright sunny days and easier on the eyes.

We had a MS loaner for a few days and it had the multifabric seats. They really were comfortable and much nicer than I thought. My concern about them would be spills or stains (although we really avoid food/drink in the car). Think the leather cleans easier. But yea, kind of wish they were offered when I order my AWD Model 3 and might have chosen them.

I just took delivery 2 weeks ago (model 3). Noticed my driver seat getting uncomfortably hot after driving for more than 15 minutes. Both the lumbar and bottom area. Its not the sun as the car has been sitting in a cool garage all night (63 deg) and car is not charging. I suspected seat heaters were out of sync but confirmed they are not on. Other car (non-tesla) does not have this problem so it is a very noticable difference when I drive them. Cranking the AC to try to get relief, everything gets cold but the seat. I don't feel any noticable heat coming from rear heater but not sure. Also noticed the car interior never gets below 76deg all night in the 63deg garage. I am not charging the car at all during this period. I know the car has active functions when parked but this seem like a lot of heat being generated somehow.

So what i found is the seats are great retainers of heat. If the seat has any built in heat in them before you get in you will notice your back getting warm much quicker. I've mostly eliminated my issues by flipping the AC on a minute or 2 before I get in. Of course i've not had the heat on during the summer so it will be interesting to see how it plays out when there is heat coming out under the seat again.

The bottom end of the back of the seats are definitely warmer then the ones in our X. I think it is true that is keeps any heat trapped in there but of course that is impossible to avoid once you sit in it and add more body heat. I don’t think it is uncomfortably hot but noticeable. We’ll see how this goes in the summer.

Hi there, same problem on my M3 model 2021!
Does anyone found a solution?
Tesla service won’t find any problem: I can’t believe because the seat become very very hot in several steps (hot, less hot, hot again, etc.), it can’t be the result of my body temperature…
Best regards…

usually it's due to sun hitting the seat and being hot when you sit on it and insulate that heat against your body. Precooling the car for even just a few minutes makes huge difference.
My problem is the seat continue to change temp increase it strongly and then modulate it even if I'm already sitting without sun on it...
In any case a so old problem not yet solved (This article starts in 2018, my car is a 2021 model) doesn't leave me very happy...
Tnx

understood, but somewhere in this thread i hit my seat with a FLIR and you could see there was no heating element on. In the winter, you can see if for some reason the vent under the seat isn't coming out the back correctly but otherwise it's just your body heat being trapped in a warm seat likely.

understood, but somewhere in this thread i hit my seat with a FLIR and you could see there was no heating element on. In the winter, you can see if for some reason the vent under the seat isn't coming out the back correctly but otherwise it's just your body heat being trapped in a warm seat likely.
I can understand your point of view but when you get up from the seat the heat stops quite quickly I think because of the presence sensor so even the Flir I think it can't see the heater on but I have it too and so I'll try; in any case today I had proof that it is not the heat of my body which, moreover, although not dissipated, I do not think it can burn: before taking the car to service the ranger had disconnected something related to the seat heating and today I withdrew the car from service where, unfortunately, they did not encounter any problems but where they reconnected everything ... Well now it is no longer just the back that is hot but also the butt so, of course, it is something that actively heats ... Of course it is what time we need to understand what triggers it: maybe my weight? Is the M3 a car not to be sold to anyone taller than 1.90m and weighing more than 110kg? Boh ...