Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Warranty Adjustment Program - Touchscreen Component

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Takes really long to start up, randomly turns off and takes really long to route a navigation address when I first put it in. Does that warrant replacement or does it have to fully crap out?

From what we have seen you have to either get the warning telling you to make a service appointment, or have it fully crap out. (Though giving them dates/times of when it reboots on it's own sometimes gets them to authorize a repair.)

Reactions: Struja
I got the email today. I haven’t done mine but my screen has been acting squirrelly as of late. Takes really long to start up, randomly turns off and takes really long to route a navigation address when I first put it in. Does that warrant replacement or does it have to fully crap out?
My Ranger said there was a test they can do to determine if the eMMC is acting up or not. It’s a remote test, so maybe put in to have it checked via the app.
I’m slated to get my upgrade next week (scheduling X.X), but I don’t know if I’ll be able to get any credit towards it.

Reactions: Struja
I got the email last week and am happy to see it. My screen has had a couple of odd reboots and similar stuff recently ... and my mileage still falls under the limit. I had the screen replaced about a year ago under warranty but not sure if I got a new one or a rebuilt one ... so hopefully if/when I have issues I'm still covered. I have a few years and a good bit of mileage of coverage left.

We’re also way over 160k and we are covered (2016 facelift), had it replaced a year ago as it wouldn’t load the new maps. Recently it goes to sleep a lot but the last update seems to make it better. But having the email last week gave me some piece of mind.

Reactions: AZP85