Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Was your delivery date accurate?

Was your delivery on time?

• Yes

Votes: 44 51.2%
  • Delayed

Votes: 25 29.1%
  • Delayed multiple times

Votes: 17 19.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was emailed Yesterday by a "Delivery Scheduling Advisor" who scheduled my delivery for 9/24, and I also received an email from a second "Inside Delivery Advisor" this morning at 8AM confirming my appointment.

Then only 10 hours later as I was arriving home from work I got the call from another delivery advisor letting me know that my delivery will be delayed to 9/27.

They are really in disarray right now if they can confirm an appointment and within a day it needs to be rescheduled. This is for a P3D order placed 6/30, and a vin in the 60 thousands, so I'm kind of assuming my car has just been sitting in a lot somewhere for a month already.

I told the delivery advisor if they don't deliver it by 9/27 I'll be out of the country on business so they will miss my sale in Q3.

Likewise. I was contacted by an Inside Delivery Advisor with a 9/21 delivery and received confirmation, then hours later told by a Delivery Scheduling Advisor that it was actually mid October, then contacted again by another Delivery Scheduling Advisor to confirm 9/21. They all said that I would be contacted by my Delivery Advisor (someone different?) that day to clear up my account and finalize my trade in, etc. but I never heard from them. I got a VIN on 9/15, then on 9/16 I was told by customer service and the Tesla location I was to accept delivery at that my car was in transit but, once again, I would be contacted by my Delivery Advisor later that day.

9/18, my VIN was removed and I was contacted by the initial Inside Delivery Advisor and a new Delivery Scheduling Advisor with news that it had been delayed. One told me I could accept delivery as early as 10/15, the other 10/12. I called this new Delivery Scheduling Advisor for more information, but was forwarded to another. Both told me that I would hear from my Delivery Advisor later that day, because only they could help me with my account and trade in information.

I'm sure it will all have been worth it when I actually get the car, but all of the confusion and poor communication and lack of information is both frustrating and concerning for the longterm support of my purchase. I have spoken with one Inside Delivery Advisor, two customer service reps and four Delivery Scheduling Advisors. I have never heard from my Delivery Advisor.

But I'm still excited!

Scheduled for 9/23 in Rocklin, CA. Appointment cancelled 4 days out but not yet rescheduled, no apparent reason. Delivery Advisor indicates the car will be in Rocklin on the 22nd, but no contact to schedule a delivery appointment! I'm dying a slow death here.

My friends delivery date was actually TOO FAST! They told her 2 - 4 months after she made her deposit then a week later they said she could pickup the car in a week. She hadn't even had time to arrange the loan yet and told Tesla they'd have to wait! So, you don't have a vote for EARLY. :)

Reactions: APotatoGod
My delivery delayed from 26th to 30th. I just checked last night and my VIN was gone again which led me to send my adviser an email about cancelling my order. This was the second VIN on my account and all this after finalizing the loan with my bank and getting a cashier's check mailed to me with current VIN. If a customer can't have the same VIN just 5 days before then Tesla's system really is a joke.

Last edited:
My friends delivery date was actually TOO FAST! They told her 2 - 4 months after she made her deposit then a week later they said she could pickup the car in a week. She hadn't even had time to arrange the loan yet and told Tesla they'd have to wait! So, you don't have a vote for EARLY. :)

I'm not your friend, but the same thing happened to me - quoted 2 months when I ordered, was called a week later and said it would be ready the next day. Had to fight to push delivery back cause the dozen things we were hoping to do hadn't even been started (e.g. sell car & clean out the garage, so it's sitting outside for now, we have no charger cause we don't have outlets, etc.).

Just got lucky that the exact one we ordered was en route and no one else wanted those specific options.

I'm not your friend, but the same thing happened to me - quoted 2 months when I ordered, was called a week later and said it would be ready the next day. Had to fight to push delivery back cause the dozen things we were hoping to do hadn't even been started (e.g. sell car & clean out the garage, so it's sitting outside for now, we have no charger cause we don't have outlets, etc.).

Just got lucky that the exact one we ordered was en route and no one else wanted those specific options.
RWD?

I selected delayed but mine really was there when they said it would be. They called to setup pickup on a day I was out of town and told me I could pick it up the day before they originally gave me. It didn't come in that day, they could have delivered the next day (the original date) but I was out so had to take a 4 day delay.

Update, sort of: After my DA said last week the car was scheduled for delivery at the SC on the 22nd, I received a text message on Saturday about a pending home/office delivery "in a few days." Exercising considerable restraint, I finally caved and called my DA today. The car is NOT in Rocklin. Maybe by the 28th. Unfortunately, I'm out of town all weekend for a high school robotics tournament (any FRC supporters here???). DA said he might be able to schedule something on Friday and he would call back shortly. That was 2 hours ago. I seriously doubt my order is going to help with Tesla's 3rd quarter reporting. But at least I know I don't have to check my account for an update every hour.

Info is good to have, even if the news isn't what I wanted to hear. Score another point for a helpful and friendly Tesla employee.

My first delivery date was cancelled 14 hours prior because my car didn't ship. That one pissed me off, because the guy helping me with my delivery didn't bother checking on Monday to see if the car shipped? Really?

My second date was setup by the actual delivery store. My car did arrive, but it arrived with a problem. The reverse camera wouldn't turn on, so they cancelled the second date and told me they'd just call me the day I could come get it. 3rd time was a charm over 2 weeks late. She called and asked when I could come get it. I told her I'd be there in an hour. She said ok.

I voted for yes, but they found a crack in the glass roof that actually pushed things back a bit. The car was received at the delivery center on time though, and the delivery job expedited the fix with service. The only reason I wasn't able to take delivery on the original date is that the cracked roof was technically a "safety issue" and they were not allowed to deliver...

Mine was delayed from 9/24 to 10/5. Got a text from someone at Tesla in Cali saying they were having problems with shipping. He did say my VIN would stay the same though and my MVPA still reflects that. Hopefully those of us that were delayed start getting calls to pick up a little earlier than our delayed dates.

Update, sort of: After my DA said last week the car was scheduled for delivery at the SC on the 22nd, I received a text message on Saturday about a pending home/office delivery "in a few days." Exercising considerable restraint, I finally caved and called my DA today. The car is NOT in Rocklin. Maybe by the 28th. Unfortunately, I'm out of town all weekend for a high school robotics tournament (any FRC supporters here???). DA said he might be able to schedule something on Friday and he would call back shortly. That was 2 hours ago. I seriously doubt my order is going to help with Tesla's 3rd quarter reporting. But at least I know I don't have to check my account for an update every hour.

Info is good to have, even if the news isn't what I wanted to hear. Score another point for a helpful and friendly Tesla employee.

Did you have a signed MVPA during all that mess?