Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Was your window sticker correct?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so I picked up my metallic silver awd fsd this past Saturday in Chicago area. I was driving off and one of the Tesla delivery people came running to take my window sticker out the back window. I didn’t even notice it back there! Well later I looked at it and I noticed it was missing my EAP and FSD options. The VIN and such were correct, but those options weren’t listed. Also the prices were all different from what I paid. Paint showed as $2000, AWD $6000, etc. My build date is 9/18. Vin 87xxx. So I am guessing I matched to a car instead vs my specific order? Anyone else notice the sticker not matching?

so I picked up my metallic silver awd fsd this past Saturday in Chicago area. I was driving off and one of the Tesla delivery people came running to take my window sticker out the back window. I didn’t even notice it back there! Well later I looked at it and I noticed it was missing my EAP and FSD options. The VIN and such were correct, but those options weren’t listed. Also the prices were all different from what I paid. Paint showed as $2000, AWD $6000, etc. My build date is 9/18. Vin 87xxx. So I am guessing I matched to a car instead vs my specific order? Anyone else notice the sticker not matching?

I noticed the same at Chicago Westmont store when I picked my model 3 last Saturday (Vin 88xxx). It seems software upgrades are not mentioned in window sticker.

It's illegal for anyone other than the end consumer to remove the Monroney label.

There are lots of laws regarding the label content.

There is no way in hell I would accept a car whose equipment list on the label did not match what I ordered.

I would say you have a legal case if it didn't.

I was so excited I didn't even realize that I didn't get one either. Options are so simple and obvious it's no biggie.

It's a $1000 fine if someone removes it. Having the window sticker in your possession is your legal right. Not telling you what to do, but it's more than just "no biggie".

Based on what I'm reading here, there might be reasons people didn't get to see theirs.

EAP and FSD are software updates, so I would not be worried if the window sticker doesn't include them because they may have been added after the label was installed. Color, # of motors, type of wheel, etc, that is a sticker mismatch issue. I understand the SC can print these locally. Ask for an updated one.

I plan to request one. Mine didn't include FSD, but the option is in the build detail on my account. It also shows the current pricing, not when I ordered. Not sure if that is a concern though.

Here is the thing, while I’m not disputing that you are correct, wouldn’t Tesla be in a whole world of hurt if it was in fact illegal. Shorts would be all over this. From this thread it doesn’t appear to be an isolated incident. Just trying to understand how this hasn’t came to light yet.

Because not everyone is aware of or frequents this forum.

It is in fact illegal. How do you know what exactly you are buying if it's not stated on the sticker? The Monroney label (and all its attendant legalese) was invented specifically to protect the consumer. Whether you don't check the sticker vs. your car, or whether anyone thinks it doesn't matter, doesn't make it any less illegal.

Tesla was pulling all kinds of shenanigans in that last week to deliver as many cars as possible. People were getting deliveries cancelled left and right, and a LOT of folks who paid in full already, didn't get their cars before the end of the quarter. Cars were being "matched" to orders (that in some cases were only "close" to what was ordered), so that deliveries were maximized to what was actually at the delivery centers. There's a massive amount of evidence of this on this subforum alone.

So delivering a car to you, that was not exactly what you paid for, is not outside the realm of reasonable speculation. If they took the Monroney off the car before delivery (which is quite illegal), they've removed the evidence.

This is highly unusual and suspect activity. Since this is a public forum, I guess you could say it's come to light now. How bright it gets is anyone's guess.

I don't think the omitted software is a big deal because that can be enabled after manufacture, but I would want the color, interior and drive system to be correct.

If you have an error (or are missing your label), ask the service center to print a new corrected label for your records. :)

Reactions: Kentrock1