Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waste basket (trash) solution?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where do you put your in-car trash?

In my previous car I would hang a grocery bag on the front seat arm rest. Easy to throw away receipts or other small trash and get rid of it when the bag is full. The Model 3 armrest can’t hold a bag like that and, I’m hoping for something that looks better in this beautiful interior.

Do you have some sort of waste basket you could recommend? Or should I expect to clean out the trash from the floor every day?

• Funny
Reactions: BitJam and kpeng
I have that one as well. One word of caution... it doesn't fit quite right. There is a gap of about an inch or so under the bottom and it slowly starts to tip forward because of it. TapTes contacted me about it after I posted a negative review and they actually blamed the poor fitment on my car, saying that in their tests it fit perfectly. Now it's possible Tesla made a change somewhere along the line that changed the size of that cavity, and that might explain the fitment being bad, but it seems highly unlikely that my specific car is somehow different than every other one on the road. Their only offer was to send me a new one. I asked if the new one would be any different then the one I had and they said no. So I declined.

To fix the issue I rolled up a USB cable I keep in that compartment for a game controller and stuck it into the gap under the can. It fits snug enough that it keeps the can from tilting forward over time.

I have used, in other cars, a bag that attaches to the passenger seat with a strap and the bag hangs on the rear of the seat. It held a lot. I'm not using it in the Tesla, although it is in my trunk. I'm sure it would not be considered elegant, but it can keep the trash out of site and easily removable.

Reactions: adayley
Nice. Does that allow space for the USB connections under the phone rest? I have a USB stick in one of those for the camera recordings, no hub.
Yes. The space for the USB ports is actually underneath the phone pad area, so this doesn't take up space in that area at all. I have 2 USB hubs with my wireless charger and a USB flash drive connected with plenty of room.

Reactions: adayley

That’s an amateur at best.
This is the real achievement:

0789558D-6CCF-4013-A853-7FE05CBBE68B.jpeg

I think this counts as Tesla abuse!!

Reactions: BitJam