Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waste of money

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went to charge my car for the first time At this location and here’s what I found. Why would people spend all that money to have chargers installed if they are going waste the space by placing this monstrosity in front of the charging stations? Maybe I should reach out to the manager and ask if they want to sell a couple of chargers ?

Attachments

• 25A20B14-8AAF-4364-881F-12FD34E42B76.jpeg
    25A20B14-8AAF-4364-881F-12FD34E42B76.jpeg
    520.9 KB · Views: 369
I went to charge my car for the first time At this location and here’s what I found. Why would people spend all that money to have chargers installed if they are going waste the space by placing this monstrosity in front of the charging stations? Maybe I should reach out to the manager and ask if they want to sell a couple of chargers ?
Doubt they spent a lot of money since Tesla gives them away (HPWC) to businesses and destination charging hotels...

This monstrosity is part of the future Tesla semi-truck 'beast' that will be announced Friday October 26th!

• Funny
Reactions: PrGrPa
Thought this was going in a different direction. Maybe we should start a thread for I’ll conceived charging locations.

Was in a shopping center recently with a single charger that was centered in a handicapped space, with obstructions on either side. The only way to use the charger was to park in the handicap space. Interesting dilemma for most of us. Made me wonder if they were just boneheaded or if they had a tenant that needed that accommodation.

What City is this located in?

What Hotel (or business) is it located near?
Have you been to this location before to charge, or was this your first time to charge there?

IF the Property Owner, Manager or Landlord can be located and contacted, they might be able to assist is determining first steps necessary to locating the trailer's owner, and have it moved/re-located to a less conflicted spot.

Businesses want to attract EV owners to be customers (who spend money at their businesses), not block them.
Somebody thoughtfully paid to have electrical installed and some striping done to generate income.
Somebody else parked a trailer with a generator partially blocking at least one (or two) of the EV charging stations.

City: Austin
Hotel: Renaissance Austin Hotel
I have now been multiple times and luckily no other customer was there to charge...So I got to squeeze in....

I attempted to speak to the team at the front desk and even asked for a manager, but I got a mild brush off.....So I will attempt on my next trip to call the manager personally....I even posted a twitter account attempting to get someone's attention and nothing! No love for TESLA drivers....

I agree. After companies spending money to have all of this done and to have an ugly truck blocking these stations is CRAZY.

Persistence and a bit of patience pays off while educating people.

A lot of the General Population just doesn't understand how critically important charging stations are for EVs.
They are "the gas stations" for your car.
A gentle face-to-face meeting with a Hotel manager, or an authentic telephone call to same (while you have a smile on your face) generally yields best results.

I am mildly surprised that the Hotel front desk staff or Concierge would be less than fully ALL-IN to address your concerns.
If you are a customer who is being inconvenienced by a situation within their control, they typically try to resolve it.

There was an abandoned vehicle, may be stolen, near the entrance of my garage blocking a little bit the access.

I called the non emergency local police and they told me they will tag it. Next day it was gone!