Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Watch Refreshed Tesla Model S Set New 1/4-Mile Record

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TMC Staff

May 19, 2017
Welcome the quickest stock Tesla to date. What better way to start out your Memorial Day holiday than with some fun, racing coverage? After yesterday’s Indy 500, many people have racing on the brain. Just when we thought Tesla had pushed the envelope about as far as it could, updates make its cars better in...
[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2019/05/28/video-tesla-model-s-new-record/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]

Continuous Improvements

No Ad Dollars (all the Media hates Elon - Mags. Newspapers, TV, Radio, Internet - they all want a cut.
Referral programs for owners & buyers - Wall St. wants that money.
Re-invest in factories & equipment & R&D - Wall St. Investors hate that too.
Auto Dealers want their cut - so they hate Tesla.
Other Auto Makers hate loosing sales to Elon (and hate that his cars are safer, quicker, cheaper to operate. and probably last longer.
Oil companies hate these electric cars (Koch Brothers spend ~ $10 million a year to slow down electrification.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/cars...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.2fe70be2a36b

Wonder why so much bad press about Tesla? Some facts
13 Amazing Tesla Sales Milestones (+ 17 Charts) | CleanTechnica

Model S Changes from 2012 to 2019 | TeslaTap

and yet, some will complain about wanting a refresh - not seeming to realise they are getting refreshes already - especially the software updates.

SMH. How about passing speed? I suppose anything to keep speed records on the track and off the streets is the mindset being used; I can see the reason for that, and even support it to a degree. But I've gotten in trouble pulling out into the fast lane on a freeway to get around someone when my Model S didn't have the energy to push me forward before the regular ICE bearing down on me in the faster lane behind me had to react to my presence as if I were some Prius or something. Granted, I had a 60D and probably had less-than-half battery SOC, but still, these 1/4 miles are, well, niche track nerd things. Could we keep those record announcements to once per year or every other year or something? We know Teslas are good at them already.

Reactions: Brando
SMH. How about passing speed? I suppose anything to keep speed records on the track and off the streets is the mindset being used; I can see the reason for that, and even support it to a degree. But I've gotten in trouble pulling out into the fast lane on a freeway to get around someone when my Model S didn't have the energy to push me forward before the regular ICE bearing down on me in the faster lane behind me had to react to my presence as if I were some Prius or something. Granted, I had a 60D and probably had less-than-half battery SOC, but still, these 1/4 miles are, well, niche track nerd things. Could we keep those record announcements to once per year or every other year or something? We know Teslas are good at them already.
You pulled out when it was not safe. Even a 60D has more power available than the vast majority of the vehicles on the road and if that was not enough to safely merge, you should have waited.

You pulled out when it was not safe. Even a 60D has more power available than the vast majority of the vehicles on the road and if that was not enough to safely merge, you should have waited.
Bingo. If a Tesla isn't fast enough, nothing would be short of a full on drag car and you made a poor decision. Sounds like if you were in a normal ICE car you may have caused an accident. Make better decisions and don't expect a car to take up the slack for poor decision making.

Continuous Improvements

No Ad Dollars (all the Media hates Elon - Mags. Newspapers, TV, Radio, Internet - they all want a cut.
Referral programs for owners & buyers - Wall St. wants that money.
Re-invest in factories & equipment & R&D - Wall St. Investors hate that too.
Auto Dealers want their cut - so they hate Tesla.
Other Auto Makers hate loosing sales to Elon (and hate that his cars are safer, quicker, cheaper to operate. and probably last longer.
Oil companies hate these electric cars (Koch Brothers spend ~ $10 million a year to slow down electrification.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/cars...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.2fe70be2a36b

Wonder why so much bad press about Tesla? Some facts
13 Amazing Tesla Sales Milestones (+ 17 Charts) | CleanTechnica

Model S Changes from 2012 to 2019 | TeslaTap

and yet, some will complain about wanting a refresh - not seeming to realise they are getting refreshes already - especially the software updates.
These are many of the reasons I love Tesla

• Love
Reactions: Brando