TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Watching movies on iPad and using Bluetooth for sound

Discussion in 'Model S' started by nwdiver, Mar 12, 2016.

1. nwdiver

nwdiver Active Member

I like to watch movies while charging and I would love to use the awesome sound system I paid extra for but there's a slight lag due to the bluetooth interface that's maddening... has anyone figured out a way to sync the iPad video to the sound?

2. Wknapp0924

Wknapp0924 Member

Try an app like VLC. Should have an offset option to sync it correctly. Might take some trial and error but should be able to match it pretty closely.

3. SeminoleFSU

SeminoleFSU Member

VLC could work for playing back pre-downloaded movies that are files supported by VLC, but what about streaming from Netflix, Amazon, etc? I don't think VLC will help there. Anybody have any other thoughts?

4. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

I don't think there's a solution to this. People with bluetooth headsets have been complaining about the same thing for years. Syncing audio and video may be a harder problem to solve than it seems, or it's just not prioritized.

It would be a nice setup. Also, @nwdiver - thanks for the idea. I usually read while charging. Shuffling a movie or TV show here or there is a great idea. Too bad I can't stream HBO offline.