Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Water under driver seat and rear footwell on Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

CTDW

Oct 14, 2021
NC
After 1.5hr road-trip today I noticed water drops on my rear all weather mats and discovered the carpet was very wet under the drivers seat and the rear footwell. No rain or car wash and no exposure to water for weeks. Today is probably the most I have used AC since I got it in late Dec. Also had driver seat cooling on for most of the trip.

Has anyone else seen this on the refreshed S? Thinking it’s related to AC condensation and saw some threads with Y owners with this issue. Have service appointment scheduled.

That's where I'll be heading. Did they have to tear out the entire AC unit to get to that seal? How long did it take? Thanks for the reply.
Dropped off day 1 and they ordered a part and installed it on day 2. Picked up at the end of day 2. Here are the notes...

Verified customers concern. Found HVAC sump seal blocking hvac drain causing water to back up into the cabin. Removed Hvac box, removed Hvac filter and housing, removed drain hose. Installed new seal behind Hvac box, Installed new HVAC drain hose. Turn A/C on for 30 minutes, verified no water entry into cabin and water draining under car. Re-installed HVAC box, center console and interior. Re-installed Hvac filter housing and filter. Test drove, Vehicle operating as expected.

Thank you very much for your reply. I'm glad they could fix yours and that they have some experience with this issue by now.
Per the service manual the battery needs to be dropped to access that drain hose and otherwise the entire dash assembly needs to come out to get to much of anything regarding the HVAC hardware. Any signs of that having happend?

I don’t think the entire dash came out per the notes and it was ready not too long after the part was installed. Not a 100% sure though. I didn’t see any signs of major work in the cabin…everything looked good.