Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Watt Time & Watt Key - Wear OS Watch Apps To Control Your Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The developers website states watt key uses BT but watt time uses NFC. I bought watt time for the additional functions.
It might have been helpful if you had said that in your OP where you stated you bought Watt Key:
I just purchased watt key and I'm not able to pair my watch as a key. I followed the instructions on your site and I'm getting a notification on my watch saying watt time nfc authorized. However, my car doesn't recognize the watch. It just stays at the screen asking to scan behind cupholder. My watch is a fossil gen 3 explorist on wear os 2.

I absolutely love WATT KEY. Tried both WATT TIME and WATR KEY but if I need my phone to use WATT TIME I decided it would be redundant. Thanks for creating app that let's me leave the phone in my car when going for a run.
P.S. I do notice my watch (G4) battery drains faster but I'm okay, it still lasts the whole day.

I absolutely love WATT KEY. Tried both WATT TIME and WATR KEY but if I need my phone to use WATT TIME I decided it would be redundant. Thanks for creating app that let's me leave the phone in my car when going for a run.
P.S. I do notice my watch (G4) battery drains faster but I'm okay, it still lasts the whole day.
Did you turn off "Auto Connect" in Watt Key settings? I just got the app myself (today), so I haven't noticed a battery drain (yet), but have read the developer say that turning off that setting could save watch battery.

Hi, @joshendy . I have been using Watt Key for some time on my Fossil Gen 5, and it works without any problems. Now, I have bought the new TicWatch Pro 5, and the app is not working. The vehicle is not showing on the list.

PXL_20230721_210758113.jpg

Hi, @joshendy . I have been using Watt Key for some time on my Fossil Gen 5, and it works without any problems. Now, I have bought the new TicWatch Pro 5, and the app is not working. The vehicle is not showing on the list.

View attachment 958455
Sorry about that! Hmm just for the basics; are Bluetooth and Location services enabled? Did the app prompt you to give it access to Location when it first started to scan for your Tesla? You can double check its permissions in the "App" section of the watch settings. I'll have a look into it on my side, it might be something to do with the more modern version of Wear OS your new watch is running.

Oh also, I just released v6.0 yesterday. Could you please check if you have this latest version? Thanks :)

Reactions: usrbin
Sorry about that! Hmm just for the basics; are Bluetooth and Location services enabled? Did the app prompt you to give it access to Location when it first started to scan for your Tesla? You can double check its permissions in the "App" section of the watch settings. I'll have a look into it on my side, it might be something to do with the more modern version of Wear OS your new watch is running.

Oh also, I just released v6.0 yesterday. Could you please check if you have this latest version? Thanks :)

Thanks for the response, I have double checked the basics, everything is set up correctly. App loads normally, same as on older Fossil watch. The car just doesn't show on the list :/
There must be some hardware or new OS specific problem, or perhaps Mobvoi has shitty Bluetooth implementation (i hope not)

I have connected my watch to adb and scraped some logs (unfortunately without car in bt range):
Those errors "remote_device_properties_callback: Callback env" show up just after accepting location permission prompt.
Full logcat is in the attachment, I hope it can help.

Attachments

• logs.png
    logs.png
    840.1 KB · Views: 33
  • logs.txt
    458.9 KB · Views: 38
Thanks for the response, I have double checked the basics, everything is set up correctly. App loads normally, same as on older Fossil watch. The car just doesn't show on the list :/
There must be some hardware or new OS specific problem, or perhaps Mobvoi has shitty Bluetooth implementation (i hope not)

I have connected my watch to adb and scraped some logs (unfortunately without car in bt range):
Those errors "remote_device_properties_callback: Callback env" show up just after accepting location permission prompt.
Full logcat is in the attachment, I hope it can help.

Thanks for attaching the logcat, very useful! It looks like Watt Key is successfully starting a BLE scan and results are coming in. Could you please download this app: nRF Connect for Mobile - Apps on Google Play

Once you've got that app open do a BLE scan and see if your Tesla comes up, its Bluetooth name should be something like "Sa6bab0d54ffaecf1C" or "Tesla 123456". Then if you could search the Bluetooth address of your Tesla in that logs.txt you attached. Let me know if your Tesla's Bluetooth address is listed somewhere in that file. If so it means that the car is being found but the app couldn't load the car's Bluetooth name which is needed to check if it's actually a Tesla or not.

Reactions: neo1738 and usrbin
Thanks for attaching the logcat, very useful! It looks like Watt Key is successfully starting a BLE scan and results are coming in. Could you please download this app: nRF Connect for Mobile - Apps on Google Play

Once you've got that app open do a BLE scan and see if your Tesla comes up, its Bluetooth name should be something like "Sa6bab0d54ffaecf1C" or "Tesla 123456". Then if you could search the Bluetooth address of your Tesla in that logs.txt you attached. Let me know if your Tesla's Bluetooth address is listed somewhere in that file. If so it means that the car is being found but the app couldn't load the car's Bluetooth name which is needed to check if it's actually a Tesla or not.

Hi, sorry for the long delay, but I was away from the car for the entire week, I am back now.
So the name of the device is not in the logs, but physical address of the device is. So indeed it looks like the device (car) is found, but it is not displayed on the list for some reason...

I am attaching screen from nRF app and two logcat files (standing next to the car, one is from first start of your app, second one from resuming it from background)

Attachments

• logcat1.txt
    347.6 KB · Views: 39
  • logcat2.txt
    358.6 KB · Views: 43
  • PXL_20230721_210758113.jpg
    PXL_20230721_210758113.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20230805-205657.jpg
    Screenshot_20230805-205657.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 35
Hi, sorry for the long delay, but I was away from the car for the entire week, I am back now.
So the name of the device is not in the logs, but physical address of the device is. So indeed it looks like the device (car) is found, but it is not displayed on the list for some reason...

I am attaching screen from nRF app and two logcat files (standing next to the car, one is from first start of your app, second one from resuming it from background)
Hi, no worries! Actually it's me that's sorry, as it turns out I had forgot to ask for fine location permission on newer WearOS versions. This location permission is required as the Tesla gets filtered out of the Bluetooth search results without it. If you open Google Play app on your watch and update Watt Key it should find your Tesla now. Sorry about that!

Reactions: neo1738
Google says that error is usually because the Google Play app cache is corrupted. Can you try turn your watch off and back on and see if that helps? Otherwise if you can go into the settings on your watch and see if you can clear the cache for Google Play.
Couldn't figure out how to clear cache. Found under settings how much cache is being used, but no way to clear?