Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Way to verify outlet power at a hotel?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This post brings up my question. Is there a way to Tesla an outlet at a hotel or elsewhere to verify it's a 20A instead of assuming it is based on its shape? I wouldn't want to trip the breaker and then not be able to use it for 12A of charging.

This post brings up my question. Is there a way to Tesla an outlet at a hotel or elsewhere to verify it's a 20A instead of assuming it is based on its shape? I wouldn't want to trip the breaker and then not be able to use it for 12A of charging.

You could probably ask their maintenance guy to show you the breaker panel. But in a commercial situation, I wouldn't worry too much. Unless it is some "historical" place with sketchy 100 year old wiring.

Reactions: Curb71 and Gasaraki

(moderator note: Post split off from an old thread where someone was offering a free nema adapter, into its own thread / question).