Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waze

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like to drive with my current direction pointing up on the navigation screen. I am unable to change the orientation of the TeslaWaze map to match this. Driving with two maps showing with different orientations is very difficult. I guess I’ll go back to Tesla navigation onscreen and Waze audio from my cell phone as the best combination of functionalities (imho). How do others handle the apparently fixed orientation of the TeslaWaze map?

The above situation only works if your car will download and keep current the Tesla Waze map. Where I live and use my Premium Connectivity plan, I can't get the Tesla Waze map to appear and stay current with regularity. And I'm not sure, in my case, I want to use two different mapping screens to navigate. That doesn't seem user friendly or as safe as it could be if everything were rolled up into one app. I will continue to use Waze on my phone as my navigation app except for navigating to supercharger stations and long trip route planning that requires superchargers.
The TeslaWaze app is easily refreshed and does not accept crowdsourced input... read-only with real-time information displayed on the main screen.
I actually prefer the graphic map overview of the area vs. the Waze app on the phone although you could run both if desired. Different strokes... ;)

In my state, the rules were changed last year, that the driver of the car is now not allowed to touch or hold a smartphone or navigation device, unless fully parked. Can't even hold it waiting for a traffic light. It's okay to talk on the phone as long as you are totally handsfree.
In my state, you can't hold the phone while driving, but I still see all the time. One time in traffic, I saw a women doing facetime with her phone on top of the steering wheel.

I like to drive with my current direction pointing up on the navigation screen. I am unable to change the orientation of the TeslaWaze map to match this. Driving with two maps showing with different orientations is very difficult. I guess I’ll go back to Tesla navigation onscreen and Waze audio from my cell phone as the best combination of functionalities (imho). How do others handle the apparently fixed orientation of the TeslaWaze map?
I do exactly what you stated - Tesla Nav/Waze audio on phone.