Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We want some Model 3 Leaks, renders, sketches !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla-Model-S-teaser.jpg

^ Yes please.

That would be extremely nice. I like that one and the mock up with the S and the X nose from earlier. Honestly, I'm basically all but sold on the 3 so if it comes out looking amazing thats simply a bonus at this point.

The above looks very nice, but I would be fine if the frunk was gone. Something like the below

modelx.png

- - - Updated - - -

I'm digging this render (although I think we will probably experience some type of pleasant surprise based on EM comments):

View attachment 107047View attachment 107048

And this is a very classy (if a bit reserved) version of a 2020 roadster

Ya, or this. Would buy this in a second.

This is a real leak unlike my others. This is not boy cried wolf! I repeat this is not boy cried wolf!

When I said to someone with connections to tesla "Model 3" they replied " the Ford Focus model..."

So its a hatchback then.

Ford_Focus2015_blue_side.jpg

EDIT: In the UK the Focus only comes as a hatchback, the shape above.

Last edited:
I like the design intent ... hope they can keep the Aston Martin front grill :cool:

This is a real leak unlike my others. This is not boy cried wolf! I repeat this is not boy cried wolf!
When I said to someone with connections to tesla "Model 3" they replied " the Ford Focus model..." So its a hatchback then.

Keep in mind that the Model S is also a hatchback design ... :wink:

Do not want a hatchback

as others have mentioned, the Model S is technically a hatchback as well, which proves a hatch can look really good.
Also nothing inherent in it having a hatch that precludes it getting close to a low CD either.
If we look at what has come before, the chances of something pig-ugly are not high.
Sure there might be some details that some love and others hate, but overall its likely to look pretty nice.

I'd buy that.
As a driver of a Honda Fit, I would too. I love the feel of a small hatchback (especially when parking). If I could get the size and shape of my Fit with a Tesla drivetrain, I'd be pretty happy. If it ends up being a small hatchback, I'll probably do for one for me, and an S or X for my wife.

- - - Updated - - -

Funny thing is, when I overlaid a photo of the Model X over the Focus and scaled it down, it was almost the exact same shape and dimensions. I could see that being the Model Y with a single wide falcon wing door to access both front and back, and the 3 being a small sedan.

As a driver of a Honda Fit, I would too. I love the feel of a small hatchback (especially when parking). If I could get the size and shape of my Fit with a Tesla drivetrain, I'd be pretty happy. If it ends up being a small hatchback, I'll probably do for one for me, and an S or X for my wife.
my own preference is for something larger than a Fit. The Model S was too big for me to haul around, but a Fit is too small.
I'm hoping for >Leaf <S
Kinda like BMW 3 series :)