Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We want some Model 3 Leaks, renders, sketches !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think this is news to many in here.

http://fuelfix.com/blog/2016/02/25/...ting-price-of-cars-executive-says-in-houston/

We already know it was supposed to compete with the BMW 3 series and that it would be 20% smaller than a Model S. This eliminates in my mind any possibility that we may be dealing with a Bolt-like car. I was also worried about the car being completely bare-bones at the $35k price point. So I'd anxious to see what features he's talking about.

Yeah, it seems like it will be quite nice. It won't be the bear bones econobox that some people expect. It'll be a $35k car that happens to be electric, not a $25k car with a $10k electric premium ala the Bolt.

Tesla Chief Technology Officer JB Straubel Discusses Model 3

• It has “next generation” Tesla tech.
  • It’s about the size of an Audi A4.
  • It will wow everyone with features.
  • Every EV component, from battery innards to electric motors, is quickly dropping in price.
  • Lithium is plentiful already, but could be extracted from ocean water in the future.

Some Straubel quotes from IHS Energy CERAWeek in Houston:
“We don’t really need more performance, we don’t really need much more range, we need to focus on cost”
Expanding on costs outside the battery:
“Basically every single part of that electric vehicle ecosystem is dropping substantially”

This is the line that has me most excited:

• It has “next generation” Tesla tech.

skynet.png

When I was shopping for the Model S, I test drove an S4 (same size as an A4, I believe). I thought it was very comfortable inside and had a decent sized trunk for a "smaller" car.

If the Model 3 is the same size/interior room/luggage room as an A4, I'd be thrilled.