Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weather, clock, and more in the browser

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On a semi-related note (since the teslamods site wants a login to track things like stock ticker symbols)

Does the browser on the S not track cookies at all? Getting annoyed at having to login to TMC each time I'm killing time in the pick-up line at son's school. :wink:

I finished most of the site and it's ready for testing.

You can register and start using the site a teslamods.com..

It's in beta and color options / graphics are to change with time as well as new additions and refinement of some of the features.
I think this is a really great idea!
I registered, but never got a password, and tried to have it resend and still never got it. I'll try doing it on my home browser to see how that works.
I didn't see any way to set the time to my timezone, oversight?

edit:was able to get password via my home browser. Also, the clock time was accurate on my home computer, but was 2 hours behind in the Model S. Maybe there's a setting I need to fix in the car?

Last edited:
I think this is a really great idea!
I registered, but never got a password, and tried to have it resend and still never got it. I'll try doing it on my home browser to see how that works.
I didn't see any way to set the time to my timezone, oversight?

edit:was able to get password via my home browser. Also, the clock time was accurate on my home computer, but was 2 hours behind in the Model S. Maybe there's a setting I need to fix in the car?

Agreed a great idea, thanks for this. I had no problems getting a log in, and my husband quickly figured out if he can't find me in the house, I'm sitting in the car playing with the apps. There has already been a mention of limiting screen time.

I also need to figure out the time zone, and am having problems with the zoom on the charging map - I'm running v4.0 1.17.52

I also need to figure out the time zone, and am having problems with the zoom on the charging map - I'm running v4.0 1.17.52

GPS is not yet implimented in the Tesla-internet-browser

So for now the "easyest" ways to zoom the chargingmap is by

- typing your location in the top of the "filter" (on the right side of the map) and then hit "search" on the bottom of the "filter"

- hit a colored dot near the place you want to search

- double-click near the place you want to search

Sorry, had no time with the holidays to update things. Will try again this week sometime and post some pics. I am annoyed slightly by the frequent cookie reset in the S in using these apps and may make a second / non-login way of doing things to circumvent this.

You can register and start using the site a teslamods.com..
The "Instruct" button has a pop-up submenu come up when you scroll over it on a PC, but that is not allowed on the Model S computer so all you have is the option to click on "Instruct" which gives you a blank page (the same way as if you click on the "Instruct" button (not the submenus) on a PC. Maybe make another button for "Valet"? Also, the submenu button for "Tow" just goes to an emergency phone # for Tesla and the "Manual" link is broken.
PS-Thanx for doing this! :cool:

Love this. Have a couple of suggestions:

1) An option for us USA folks to change the weather to our more common units (eg: Deg F, not C)

2) An addition to the Valet instructions that mentions something along the lines of: Smile! You are on hidden camera and this car is tracked by GPS for location and speed which the owner can see from their phone.

Of course for the majority of owners this camera part won't be true, but the average valet will likely not know this and it may deter the temptation for joyriding along with the GPS part. the wording could probably be better but you get the idea.

Just some thoughts.

Thanks so much for the effort!

Cheers

On a semi-related note (since the teslamods site wants a login to track things like stock ticker symbols)

Does the browser on the S not track cookies at all? Getting annoyed at having to login to TMC each time I'm killing time in the pick-up line at son's school. :wink:

It seems to lose cookies when it goes into sleep mode, or when you reboot. Very annoying.

walla2, great work! I had started down this path as well, with a couple of simple links. Yours looks cooler than mine.
Any way we can add custom bookmarks or side buttons after we're logged in?

I like to use Weather Underground's animated radar image, with a 10 minute page refresh.

And to take advantage of the pano roof, I like to have a favorite so the kids can find out "what plane is that?" from Flightaware's air traffic radar composite image.

Both are just static links, not using the geolocation. But zoomed out, its good enough for where I need to drive.

Request : Testing with real Model S web browser

I am interested in developing an application with the same web framework as used for this chess game : ChessGears

Does anyone with an actual Model S, could report on the following :

- layout on screen, ok ? Doe it fill the
- playability : are you able to move pieces by dragging / clicking
- javascript support : you should be able to click the Games button on the right, select an historic game and then have it replayed by clicking the arrows in the top right

Thanks!

Request : Testing with real Model S web browser

I am interested in developing an application with the same web framework as used for this chess game : ChessGears

Does anyone with an actual Model S, could report on the following :

- layout on screen, ok ? Doe it fill the
- playability : are you able to move pieces by dragging / clicking
- javascript support : you should be able to click the Games button on the right, select an historic game and then have it replayed by clicking the arrows in the top right

Thanks!
Had never heard of the site, so I thought I'd give it a try for you.
1)layout is OK, doesn't fill the screen, but you can enlarge it, or it seems to be a perfect size for the split screen window.
2)The pieces move find, quite well actually. As sketchy as the browser can be I was surprised.
3)I think the java works OK, I didn't select a historic game, but you could rewind and replay a current game.

One problem, however, I played an en passant and the piece was not captured. Didn't fiddle with it long enough to see if other piece captures worked properly or not. I did save it to favorites and will play with it at some future time.

edit: Just tried the same en passant move on my home Chrome web browser and it didn't work on that either! WTF?
edit 2:I take it this isn't a game engine, just a tool for playing through old games? It doesn't show check mate, allows all sorts of illegal plays. Nice, but was hoping for a game engine.

Last edited:
Had never heard of the site, so I thought I'd give it a try for you.
1)layout is OK, doesn't fill the screen, but you can enlarge it, or it seems to be a perfect size for the split screen window.
2)The pieces move find, quite well actually. As sketchy as the browser can be I was surprised.
3)I think the java works OK, I didn't select a historic game, but you could rewind and replay a current game.

One problem, however, I played an en passant and the piece was not captured. Didn't fiddle with it long enough to see if other piece captures worked properly or not. I did save it to favorites and will play with it at some future time.

edit: Just tried the same en passant move on my home Chrome web browser and it didn't work on that either! WTF?

Thanks for the feedback Evan, it sounds like it is well behaved then. It is a light and quick framework for web apps from Google. Quite promising in fact.

For the moves, try either color, as it is not clear which turn it is. I am getting pieces to move by dragging the piece. Valid moves are indicated by the cell having a red border after you click to drag. (Firefox)

Thanks again!

TeslaMods.com - Dash Page (Weather, chargers, news, sports, clock, sticky notes, etc)

I've updated TeslaMods.com.

For those unfamiliar, it is a dash webpage that consolidates useful buttons.

New:
1. Larger buttons for easier tapping
2. Weather locations can be picked - Just login, edit Weather in your profile, and now weather locations are yours to set.
3. New Feeds now available - Not customizable yet
4. Sports Feeds now available - Not customizable yet
5. Instruct - Tips from TMC and TeslaTaps now linked in
6. Dash - A list of silly dash screens available.

Unchanged
1. Sticky Notes - Useful for when you don't have a pen.
2. Chargers - Openchargemap.org
3. Stocks - Still customizable using your profile Stocks field.