Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Web Browser Issue - Workaround Available?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's a website I would like to be able to use while driving. It's a special kind of map. Tesla allows the website. But the website login uses a CAPTCHA and the Tesla browser does not support the CAPTCHA. It won't let me login and instead tells me to update my browser.

Is there any workaround for this?

The Tesla browser isn't really that useful.

Performance, even when on WiFi, is usually painfully slow.

And the browser doesn't support many features present in modern websites - often unable to even fully display the Tesla website.

Would probably be much better to drop the onboard browser, and use screen mirroring to provide access to a smartphone browser through the console display.

Reactions: brkaus and Eevee
I
The Tesla browser isn't really that useful.

Performance, even when on WiFi, is usually painfully slow.

And the browser doesn't support many features present in modern websites - often unable to even fully display the Tesla website.

Would probably be much better to drop the onboard browser, and use screen mirroring to provide access to a smartphone browser through the console display.
Thanks for saying that. I have had my Model S for 5 days and I was wondering of it was just me.

I have not gotten a website to load in over two weeks. With even reboots of car ( holding two buttons on steering wheel ) even then still doesn't work. Its pretty lame honestly. I find it useful when parked and or using SC... when it actually works.

HI , 2 teslas S , for 3 years....my browser had never worked....do you know somebody who has a normal browser in his TESLA ? ;+)
thank's .
And it doesn't work at home , with my WI FI.
And the other connection ( maps and Spotify ..) run well..
It's strange...and i don't understand why it is so difficult to fix it....???

I asked Elon on twitter...and all the TESLA TEAM in France...( im french..) no answer....for 3 years. Can we ask the TESLA US technical service ? thank u if somebody is able to do that in the US !

PS : it's cool to speak about AI, but first i think we can try to fix the internet browser...;+)
PS : regarding the price of this fantastic car ...i think having a effective browser is the minimum