Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Web browser slows to a crawl when vehicle is in motion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found a website that has a stopwatch on it. Upon starting the clock it ticks up nicely and the 1/100ths of a second update about as you'd expect. However, as soon as the vehicle moves the clock only refreshes about once every 5 seconds. In stop and go driving, as soon as the vehicle is at rest it returns to fast updating so it is based on vehicle speed and not Park vs Drive.

Very odd. I wonder if it is designed to be unusable when the vehicle is in motion.

I found a website that has a stopwatch on it. Upon starting the clock it ticks up nicely and the 1/100ths of a second update about as you'd expect. However, as soon as the vehicle moves the clock only refreshes about once every 5 seconds. In stop and go driving, as soon as the vehicle is at rest it returns to fast updating so it is based on vehicle speed and not Park vs Drive.

Very odd. I wonder if it is designed to be unusable when the vehicle is in motion.
I'm guessing that V9 and the always-on maps so overload the system that the browser can't keep up. It's similar to how reportedly the audio stutter goes away when the doodle Easter egg is displayed (hence, no maps).