Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird questions from new and happy Model 3 owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone else...

Bang their left hip on the pointy part of the door jam while getting into the car? I think I already have a bruise!

Constantly reach out your right hand to rest it on the gear shift knob? I just can’t figure out what to do with my right hand now.

Use summon in public for no other reason than hoping people will watch and see how cool your car is? I work on a college campus so get plenty of eyes.

• Funny
Reactions: 2012MS85
Does anyone else...

Bang their left hip on the pointy part of the door jam while getting into the car? I think I already have a bruise!

Constantly reach out your right hand to rest it on the gear shift knob? I just can’t figure out what to do with my right hand now.

Use summon in public for no other reason than hoping people will watch and see how cool your car is? I work on a college campus so get plenty of eyes.
No. I’m the model s, I had an issue with my leg/knee hitting the lower left edge of the screen’s console. I don’t have any bruise worthy issues witht the model 3.

I just rest my arm on the steering wheel or arm rest. I haven’t had a car with a large gear shift knob in years.

I have used summon a handful of times to get in and out of tight spots (door would be against a pole or cement beam) or avoid a puddle. I have also used summon to move the car forward or back a little bit for various reason. Use the feature 1-2 times a week

I used to hit my left hip until I moved the Easy Exit seat position even with the door jamb. I also found that if I sat down in the seat first and then swung my legs in that it helped.

No problem with the gear shifter. Like above I just rear my arm on console.

I use summon to impress my kids and grandkids.

Does anyone else...

I'm not banging my hip, but I am wearing away the finish on that trim panel.

I rest my right hand on the steering wheel to prevent Autopilot nags.

Guilty as charged. I also work on a college campus, but I usually drive the Fiat 500e because the students don't seem to drive very well and I don't want any door dings on the Tesla.

Reactions: SayWhat
I used to hit my left hip until I moved the Easy Exit seat position even with the door jamb. I also found that if I sat down in the seat first and then swung my legs in that it helped.

No problem with the gear shifter. Like above I just rear my arm on console.

I use summon to impress my kids and grandkids.

I love the Easy Access setting and yes you want to have the car seat where exiting the car would be the most optimal for you. Originally I had it moving too far backwards and it was odd trying to get out from that far back. Also positioning the seat height for exit most comfortable for your leg reach is important. Some people like to sit higher up in the car when driving or be lower in the car but exiting can be a different situation for your legs.

Does anyone else...

'No' x 3.